Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldogs love chicken!

awwwwwwwwww! I know with any of my dogs, all breeds, that when the excitement of something gets going the predator/ or protector, or what ever it is kicks in.. When I used to have a flock, they used to 'train' any new pup that entered the yard that THEY were the boss. One would go screaming her head off getting the others to join, and they would beat up the intruder. We never had a prob cause they attacked first.. my poor sweet shih tzus never quite got over it. The chickens did, but my mama girl dog would go out so cautiously, and the other would turn to a statue and walk stiff legged back into the house if she saw that the 'girls' were out.Thats when I built yet another fence to keep them in their own yard. Love chickens and dogs, just wish that happened for you. Hope it hasn't started something!
    Quote Originally Posted by NIZZLE View Post
    They been around each other since they where puppies I really think the kids provoked them or dozer was trying to protect my daughters from the chickens

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and dozer
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    awwwwwwwwww! I know with any of my dogs, all breeds, that when the excitement of something gets going the predator/ or protector, or what ever it is kicks in.. When I used to have a flock, they used to 'train' any new pup that entered the yard that THEY were the boss. One would go screaming her head off getting the others to join, and they would beat up the intruder. We never had a prob cause they attacked first.. my poor sweet shih tzus never quite got over it. The chickens did, but my mama girl dog would go out so cautiously, and the other would turn to a statue and walk stiff legged back into the house if she saw that the 'girls' were out.Thats when I built yet another fence to keep them in their own yard. Love chickens and dogs, just wish that happened for you. Hope it hasn't started something!
    I hopeing it was a one time deal I count on my chickens for eggs

Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Poor chicken......
    Bella chases the birds and squirrels out of our yard every morning not sure what she would do if she could catch one. Lol

Bully Bootie Duty betterxthanxnew's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tasha Penwell
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Effie & Josie
    Likes (Received)

Oh gosh. Effie used to love to chase geese & ducks. Luckily she has never caught one. These days she is just content with sitting & staring them down Josie on the other hand....she runs 'em off like crazy. Her favorite thing is chasing the wild bunnies though. Drives me BONKERS. I don't know what I'll do if she happens to catch one some day

Sometimes I wonder if the chase has a lot to do with it. We also have 2 cats....Effie doesn't really bother either of them anymore (thank god!) But, Josie is new to the household & she has an obsession with chasing Penny (6/yo female)...but I think it's because Penny runs. Our other cat, Sherbert (13/yo male), stands his ground & will politely pop her in the nose when she gets too intrusive When Effie was a puppy she did the same thing! Penny screams & jumps to higher ground ASAP. We're working with Josie now, but I forgot how much stress it used to give me when Effie did it.
    "Be the person your dog thinks you are"

5. Likes NIZZLE liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

boy! isn't it the truth! I'm pretty sure your right about the whole 'chase' thing. When my chickens were just chicks, they were more flighty and I would have to watch for them to run from cat or dog. As soon as they got big enough, and it only took one of them to stand down the dog or that 'fun' , was over. No more even looking at the chickens as it may make them mad and if one chicken squacks, the rest attack. Or,,, if one runs, the chase is on. and yep,,, new pup means new stress over the whole thing again
    Quote Originally Posted by betterxthanxnew View Post
    Oh gosh. Effie used to love to chase geese & ducks. Luckily she has never caught one. These days she is just content with sitting & staring them down Josie on the other hand....she runs 'em off like crazy. Her favorite thing is chasing the wild bunnies though. Drives me BONKERS. I don't know what I'll do if she happens to catch one some day

Sometimes I wonder if the chase has a lot to do with it. We also have 2 cats....Effie doesn't really bother either of them anymore (thank god!) But, Josie is new to the household & she has an obsession with chasing Penny (6/yo female)...but I think it's because Penny runs. Our other cat, Sherbert (13/yo male), stands his ground & will politely pop her in the nose when she gets too intrusive When Effie was a puppy she did the same thing! Penny screams & jumps to higher ground ASAP. We're working with Josie now, but I forgot how much stress it used to give me when Effie did it.

7. Likes NIZZLE liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads