Question about Kongs..

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
We have those big red rubber Kong toys and I put peanutbutter in there for the dogs . They are looking kind of icky... anyone know if they are dishwasher safe? I'd like to toss them in with their bowls when I do them.Just don't want red dripping from my dishwasher racks if they aren't :eek:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
We have the black ones. For stronger chewers. And we put them in the top of the dishwasher all the time. And never had a trouble. I've found that even things that don't say dishwasher safe...works for the top shelf most of the time. [Unless it's glass items] Some plastic may warp...some doesn't. [Accidental dishwasher placement from the hubby has brought on these experiments] But nothing melts on the top shelf at least not yet...and I've been trying to get him to understand things are not always dishwasher safe...for the past 11 yrs. So...I think you'll be safe. I know my KONG stated on the tag that it was dishwasher safe. So I know it doesn't hurt the black ones at all. Now...the red I would assume would be the same...I would watch when they chew it afterward. If it seems to have weakened the material used and cause it to break bits off while chewing. But...again the black version is dishwasher safe on the top rack.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Yes, I have the same as you and I do put it on the top shelf of my dishwasher to get the dried up peanut butter chunks out. No problems.

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! I'll be tossing them in tonight!

H

heff101

We also put ours in the dishwasher. We used to fill ours with peanut butter and put it in the freezer overnight. Makes them work even harder for it.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
They would be safe in our dishwasher.... it broke today!!! :LMAO:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I also have thrown Kongs in the wash with my bullies food mats and some washable toys and it really gets them clean - i.e. all that gross, old peanut butter comes out.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
A little out of topic, but those who put peanut butter in your bully's kongs, do you let them play with it on carpet? lol. Always wanted to do that for Stig but don't really fancy pb and drool at the same time on my already smelly carpet. =P

[MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] - freezing is such a great idea!

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
I'll have to try freezing them.. only problem is the little stinker see's me open the peanutbutter jar and starts her puppy whining grunts.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I soak and then handwash mine ... hadn't thought of putting them in the dishwasher!!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I use a bottle brush on mine and then every now and then I throw it in dishwasher on the top shelf....no problems at all

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Broke your fingers? hahahahahaha

I guess I'll be handwashing till we get a new one or have this one fixed. Not sure I want to spend the money on fixing it..... it has only lasted about 2-3 years. I think it isn't getting water to it. I'm going to take it apart this morning and make sure it isn't the water feed line going into it to confirm that it is indeed the washer and not the water supply. First I have to go buy a drying rack so I can wash the dishes that are in it.. Grrr.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeell, iffin you was to take my Kongs and put them in the dishwasher......as soon as you slam the door........everything would be a turning red and I'd be a screaming at the top of my lungs.......let alone turning it on!!!!:LMAO:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.