Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default What breed is Nyala

I got asked today again why is Nyala small for an EB. So then I explain to people, Nyala is a Bantam EB. They are the smaller version of an EB. A lot of people dont know Bantams has been around since the early 1800. They go from 14-16" in height and up to 40lbs. You can get exception like Nyala more on the bigger side 48lbs. Dont ask all dogs ive ever owned were all fit but bigger than normal. Must be the water. Loll

So for the ones out there that have no clue what Bantams are, well here's some info.

What Is an English Bantam Bulldog? - Pets

http://www.ucadogs.com/Breed_Info_En..._Bulldogge.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesPXY6PFTA

2. Likes 2BullyMama, Chunky White, 1Chumly liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What breed is Nyala

interesting! I especially liked the video...I LOVE what they've done 'for' the breed. Nice,, thanks for sharing.

4. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Don,t care I love Nyala, I know how much Nyala loves Mummy and I defiantly know what Mummy thinks so it does not matter .
    I have had many sizes of Bulldogs Tilly was huge compared to Rosie and i picked Rosie because of her size at the time bigger then all males in the same litter , Diva was tiny but produced large Canadian Champion males .
    I think Nyala is beautiful I could very easily see Rosie and Nyala running and playing lol would be a hoot to film
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

6. Likes helsonwheels, Chunky White liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Our Lala and Pippy are 34 & 35 lbs respectively. Missy, who we placed last fall, is 32 lbs. All 3 are Bulldogs.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

How do you know if you have a Bantam? Willow is TINY... and her energy level is off the charts. I feel blown away because I had NO idea these even existed... Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

10. Likes Chunky White liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

There's no official way to tell and as far as the AKC is concerned, Bantam is not recognized. As far as I'm concerned the AKC is the only official dog breed entity. Technically, I could start my own breed if I wanted to...breed for this, breed for that...and keep comprehensive records.
    Being in rescue, I really don't care...if it looks like a bulldog, it's a bulldog. Large, medium, small, short, leggy, thick, thin, solid, piebald, brindle tri(grrr), lazy, energetic, they're just bulldogs to us.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

12. Likes asherose, Chunky White, ddnene liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    Being in rescue, I really don't care...if it looks like a bulldog, it's a bulldog. Large, medium, small, short, leggy, thick, thin, solid, piebald, brindle tri(grrr), lazy, energetic, they're just bulldogs to us.
    WELL SAID!!!!!
    @ddnene only the breeder can tell you as he/she should know who's in the bloodline of that pup. If I get another one, it will be in the bantam family or just a completely other breed or mutt. Mutts are the best!

14. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Yep,,,,a bulldog is a bulldog,,, I love Hank with my whole being! but I had said NO to a bulldog (what was I thinking!) He is the most incredible creature I never would have experienced!! But! I love the health of a good ole mix of whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    WELL SAID!!!!!
    @ddnene only the breeder can tell you as he/she should know who's in the bloodline of that pup. If I get another one, it will be in the bantam family or just a completely other breed or mutt. Mutts are the best!

16. Likes helsonwheels, Dollys Owner liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

I agree with you whole heartedly. Love the bulldogs for their character, but used to have a mutt I got from the shelter and I never once had to do any maintenance beyond taking her to the vet for rabies vaccinations. Now I have a cupboard full of bully products in my house- Zymox ear drops, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, betadine solution, curaseb shampoo, turmeric powder, fish oil capsules, vitamin e capsules, coconut oil, tea trea oil and oil of cloves essential oils to add to the witch hazel for ear drops, duoxo wipes, vetricyn eye gel drops, Acti-Flex 4000, Banix spray, polysporin triple ointment, desitin ointment,d-mannose powder, sodium citrate powder.

And that's not including toys............ and treats ..............................

Quote Originally Posted by Hankster View Post
    Yep,,,,a bulldog is a bulldog,,, I love Hank with my whole being! but I had said NO to a bulldog (what was I thinking!) He is the most incredible creature I never would have experienced!! But! I love the health of a good ole mix of whatever.

18. Likes 1Chumly, helsonwheels, oscarmayer liked this post
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

hahahaha EXACTLY! had to clear a whole shelf off in a large cupboard for HANK!! and to add to all that,,, Have to think about everything before we joyfully go out the door to the beach/park/ anywhere... Is it too hot, to cold, I have to control the distance of the walk where normally I would go all day, it's in bursts... and still,,,,,,,,, they are worth it all
    Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I agree with you whole heartedly. Love the bulldogs for their character, but used to have a mutt I got from the shelter and I never once had to do any maintenance beyond taking her to the vet for rabies vaccinations. Now I have a cupboard full of bully products in my house- Zymox ear drops, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, betadine solution, curaseb shampoo, turmeric powder, fish oil capsules, vitamin e capsules, coconut oil, tea trea oil and oil of cloves essential oils to add to the witch hazel for ear drops, duoxo wipes, vetricyn eye gel drops, Acti-Flex 4000, Banix spray, polysporin triple ointment, desitin ointment,d-mannose powder, sodium citrate powder.

And that's not including toys............ and treats ..............................

20. Likes oscarmayer liked this post

Remove Ads