What breed is Nyala

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I got asked today again why is Nyala small for an EB. So then I explain to people, Nyala is a Bantam EB. They are the smaller version of an EB. A lot of people dont know Bantams has been around since the early 1800. They go from 14-16" in height and up to 40lbs. You can get exception like Nyala more on the bigger side 48lbs. Dont ask all dogs ive ever owned were all fit but bigger than normal. Must be the water. Loll

So for the ones out there that have no clue what Bantams are, well here's some info.

What Is an English Bantam Bulldog? - Pets

http://www.ucadogs.com/Breed_Info_English_Bantam_Bulldogge.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesPXY6PFTA

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
interesting! I especially liked the video...I LOVE what they've done 'for' the breed. Nice,, thanks for sharing.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Don,t care I love Nyala, I know how much Nyala loves Mummy and I defiantly know what Mummy thinks so it does not matter .
I have had many sizes of Bulldogs Tilly was huge compared to Rosie and i picked Rosie because of her size at the time bigger then all males in the same litter , Diva was tiny but produced large Canadian Champion males .
I think Nyala is beautiful I could very easily see Rosie and Nyala running and playing lol would be a hoot to film

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Our Lala and Pippy are 34 & 35 lbs respectively. Missy, who we placed last fall, is 32 lbs. All 3 are Bulldogs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
How do you know if you have a Bantam? Willow is TINY... and her energy level is off the charts. I feel blown away because I had NO idea these even existed... Lol

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
There's no official way to tell and as far as the AKC is concerned, Bantam is not recognized. As far as I'm concerned the AKC is the only official dog breed entity. Technically, I could start my own breed if I wanted to...breed for this, breed for that...and keep comprehensive records.
Being in rescue, I really don't care...if it looks like a bulldog, it's a bulldog. Large, medium, small, short, leggy, thick, thin, solid, piebald, brindle tri(grrr), lazy, energetic, they're just bulldogs to us.

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Being in rescue, I really don't care...if it looks like a bulldog, it's a bulldog. Large, medium, small, short, leggy, thick, thin, solid, piebald, brindle tri(grrr), lazy, energetic, they're just bulldogs to us.

WELL SAID!!!!!
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] only the breeder can tell you as he/she should know who's in the bloodline of that pup. If I get another one, it will be in the bantam family or just a completely other breed or mutt. Mutts are the best!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yep,,,,a bulldog is a bulldog,,, I love Hank with my whole being! but I had said NO to a bulldog (what was I thinking!) He is the most incredible creature I never would have experienced!! But! I love the health of a good ole mix of whatever.
WELL SAID!!!!!
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] only the breeder can tell you as he/she should know who's in the bloodline of that pup. If I get another one, it will be in the bantam family or just a completely other breed or mutt. Mutts are the best!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I agree with you whole heartedly. Love the bulldogs for their character, but used to have a mutt I got from the shelter and I never once had to do any maintenance beyond taking her to the vet for rabies vaccinations. Now I have a cupboard full of bully products in my house- Zymox ear drops, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, betadine solution, curaseb shampoo, turmeric powder, fish oil capsules, vitamin e capsules, coconut oil, tea trea oil and oil of cloves essential oils to add to the witch hazel for ear drops, duoxo wipes, vetricyn eye gel drops, Acti-Flex 4000, Banix spray, polysporin triple ointment, desitin ointment,d-mannose powder, sodium citrate powder.

And that's not including toys............ and treats .............................. :)

Yep,,,,a bulldog is a bulldog,,, I love Hank with my whole being! but I had said NO to a bulldog (what was I thinking!) He is the most incredible creature I never would have experienced!! But! I love the health of a good ole mix of whatever.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hahahaha EXACTLY! had to clear a whole shelf off in a large cupboard for HANK!! and to add to all that,,, Have to think about everything before we joyfully go out the door to the beach/park/ anywhere... Is it too hot, to cold, I have to control the distance of the walk where normally I would go all day, it's in bursts... and still,,,,,,,,, they are worth it all :)
I agree with you whole heartedly. Love the bulldogs for their character, but used to have a mutt I got from the shelter and I never once had to do any maintenance beyond taking her to the vet for rabies vaccinations. Now I have a cupboard full of bully products in my house- Zymox ear drops, witch hazel, apple cider vinegar, betadine solution, curaseb shampoo, turmeric powder, fish oil capsules, vitamin e capsules, coconut oil, tea trea oil and oil of cloves essential oils to add to the witch hazel for ear drops, duoxo wipes, vetricyn eye gel drops, Acti-Flex 4000, Banix spray, polysporin triple ointment, desitin ointment,d-mannose powder, sodium citrate powder.

And that's not including toys............ and treats .............................. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.