Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Default Ellie

Good Morning EBN Family!!

Hope every one and their babies are well.

I just need to vent...

First and foremost I LOVE Ms Ellie with my whole being, and when days like described below happen it rips my heart apart

So most know that we have been down a long road with Ellie and potty manners, and the doc's cleared of her of medical reasons.

We were STARTING to make good progress with her potty manners, and this weekend hubby had to get new work boots, which in our split level house, the shoe rack is right inside the main door, and is Ellie's access to her potty, SOMEHOW, in the process of hubby opening his new boots (ellie stood at the top of the stairs watching him, and mind you the shoes DID NOTHING to her) have now SPOOKED her to the point we now have to RETRAIN her that is OK to go up and down the stairs to go potty.

I did call her behavior trainer, to get Ms Ellie, back right, she is AMAZING, and gave me tips on what to do, so for right now daddy's boots have to stay OUT of the house

- Ok I'm done

Have a great day!!

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Ollie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Ellie

Quote Originally Posted by MFrey2012 View Post

I just need to vent...

First and foremost I LOVE Ms Ellie with my whole being, and when days like described below happen it rips my heart apart

So most know that we have been down a long road with Ellie and potty manners, and the doc's cleared of her of medical reasons.

We were STARTING to make good progress with her potty manners, and this weekend hubby had to get new work boots, which in our split level house, the shoe rack is right inside the main door, and is Ellie's access to her potty, SOMEHOW, in the process of hubby opening his new boots (ellie stood at the top of the stairs watching him, and mind you the shoes DID NOTHING to her) have now SPOOKED her to the point we now have to RETRAIN her that is OK to go up and down the stairs to go potty.

I did call her behavior trainer, to get Ms Ellie, back right, she is AMAZING, and gave me tips on what to do, so for right now daddy's boots have to stay OUT of the house

- Ok I'm done

Have a great day!!
    OK...it's not funny and I'm not laughing...love to Ellie the scaredy cat/dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol, MFrey2012 liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

and I'm not laughing either................. ok, just a tiny bit .. so, does anyone know what the reason is behind this behavior of most of ours.. this ocd and scared of odd things? That IS an honest question. I wonder if it's their eye placement that things just appear out of order? It is endearing most of the time, but I do question it as they all seem to have a touch at least of it.

5. Likes Texas Carol, MFrey2012 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I'm laughing... OCD babies!

I kid you not, I'm 100% serious when i say this... our first bully, Nitschke, would poo where he stood if we moved any furniture. We had to distract him or place him in another room with door closed if we needed to move something

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

7. Likes Manydogs, Texas Carol, ddnene liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member Hankster's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

hahahahaha.... how could they come from 'bating bulls' to this!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post

I kid you not, I'm 100% serious when i say this... our first bully, Nitschke, would poo where he stood if we moved any furniture. We had to distract him or place him in another room with door closed if we needed to move something

9. Likes 2BullyMama, Texas Carol liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Old people(myself) and EBD's are creatures of habit. Anything new and different rocks our world!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member sisters3's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    My Girl Joey
    Likes (Received)

@MFrey2012 Oh Melissa, I FEEL YOU 100% ! You're not alone friend! Since it's been a while that Joey has had run of the house I've started leaving all the doors to bedrooms, etc. open for her. Well, God forbid if I leave a laundry basket on top of the bed, she will be sure TO ALERT me to the fact that it does NOT belong there and will bark and stare at it until I put it where it belongs! So, looks like they all have "their things" some afraid, some bullish, some just plain OCD to the max I bet Ms. Ellie makes friends with the boots soon
    May the sun in your eyes be your ONLY problem today! Peace Friends!

Real Name
    Michele
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barkley and Pippen
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MFrey2012 View Post

I just need to vent...

- Ok I'm done

Have a great day!!
    Oh my gosh. ohhh Ms. Ellie!! Our little Pippen is a big scaredy cat of a lot of things but mainly trash bags. And she knows the difference between grocery bags and trash bags because if we pull a grocery bag out she doesn't care but the second she sees a trash bag, she is out of the room!! LOL. On the other hand, our other bully, Barkley, who is 4 years old is not scared of ANYTHING!! He is literally the most mosey dog in the world and wants to see everything and just loves anything that's new. It's so funny, they are the exact opposites in every way too!!

13. Likes Texas Carol, 2BullyMama, MFrey2012 liked this post
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

@Daphne DuMaurier and @Hankster - I am hoping to be able to laugh soon, we have been trying for a little over a year now to get Ellie house trained, mamma is ready to give her a little freedom from her crate.
    @Manydogs - Lynn hope you are doing well, I know I am set my ways to, this May baby does NOT like change, but holy moly, she LOOKED right at daddy when he was taking the shoes out of the box, we have bought many shoes, for some reason they are enemy #1
    @2BullyMama - Christine, thank you for that story, it was like a bowl chicken soup, glad to know i'm not alone.
    @sisters3 - Sue, she BETTER make friends with those boots ASAP, or mommy might need to check in to a place for special people.
    @sunkissedpr1ncs - Michele, OH yes Ms Ellie is NOT a fan either bags, she will squint her eyes when I open a new trash bag.

Thanks and much Love,

Melissa - Ellie's Mom

15. Likes sisters3, Texas Carol, 2BullyMama liked this post
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post

OH this is Wallygator too... he's SO anal about things, it keeps up on our toes!!! Lol

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

17. Likes 2BullyMama, MFrey2012 liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

I dont care what anyone says.....