MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning EBN Family!!

Hope every one and their babies are well.

I just need to vent...

First and foremost I LOVE Ms Ellie with my whole being, and when days like described below happen it rips my heart apart

So most know that we have been down a long road with Ellie and potty manners, and the doc's cleared of her of medical reasons.

We were STARTING to make good progress with her potty manners, and this weekend hubby had to get new work boots, which in our split level house, the shoe rack is right inside the main door, and is Ellie's access to her potty, SOMEHOW, in the process of hubby opening his new boots (ellie stood at the top of the stairs watching him, and mind you the shoes DID NOTHING to her) have now SPOOKED her to the point we now have to RETRAIN her that is OK to go up and down the stairs to go potty.

I did call her behavior trainer, to get Ms Ellie, back right, she is AMAZING, and gave me tips on what to do, so for right now daddy's boots have to stay OUT of the house

:hissy::hissy: - Ok I'm done

Have a great day!!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

I just need to vent...

First and foremost I LOVE Ms Ellie with my whole being, and when days like described below happen it rips my heart apart

So most know that we have been down a long road with Ellie and potty manners, and the doc's cleared of her of medical reasons.

We were STARTING to make good progress with her potty manners, and this weekend hubby had to get new work boots, which in our split level house, the shoe rack is right inside the main door, and is Ellie's access to her potty, SOMEHOW, in the process of hubby opening his new boots (ellie stood at the top of the stairs watching him, and mind you the shoes DID NOTHING to her) have now SPOOKED her to the point we now have to RETRAIN her that is OK to go up and down the stairs to go potty.

I did call her behavior trainer, to get Ms Ellie, back right, she is AMAZING, and gave me tips on what to do, so for right now daddy's boots have to stay OUT of the house

Have a great day!!

OK...it's not funny and I'm not laughing...love to Ellie the scaredy cat/dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
and I'm not laughing either................. ok, just a tiny bit .. so, does anyone know what the reason is behind this behavior of most of ours.. this ocd and scared of odd things? That IS an honest question. I wonder if it's their eye placement that things just appear out of order? It is endearing most of the time, but I do question it as they all seem to have a touch at least of it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm laughing... :rofl: OCD babies!

I kid you not, I'm 100% serious when i say this... our first bully, Nitschke, would poo where he stood if we moved any furniture. We had to distract him or place him in another room with door closed if we needed to move something

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hahahahaha.... how could they come from 'bating bulls' to this!! lol

I kid you not, I'm 100% serious when i say this... our first bully, Nitschke, would poo where he stood if we moved any furniture. We had to distract him or place him in another room with door closed if we needed to move something

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Old people(myself) and EBD's are creatures of habit. Anything new and different rocks our world!:grammy::bully::facepalm::laugh:

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15424]MFrey2012[/MENTION] Oh Melissa, I FEEL YOU 100% ! You're not alone friend! Since it's been a while that Joey has had run of the house I've started leaving all the doors to bedrooms, etc. open for her. Well, God forbid if I leave a laundry basket on top of the bed, she will be sure TO ALERT me to the fact that it does NOT belong there and will bark and stare at it until I put it where it belongs! So, looks like they all have "their things" some afraid, some bullish, some just plain OCD to the max :) I bet Ms. Ellie makes friends with the boots soon :)

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen

I just need to vent...

Have a great day!!

Oh my gosh. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ohhh Ms. Ellie!! Our little Pippen is a big scaredy cat of a lot of things but mainly trash bags. And she knows the difference between grocery bags and trash bags because if we pull a grocery bag out she doesn't care but the second she sees a trash bag, she is out of the room!! LOL. On the other hand, our other bully, Barkley, who is 4 years old is not scared of ANYTHING!! He is literally the most mosey dog in the world and wants to see everything and just loves anything that's new. It's so funny, they are the exact opposites in every way too!!

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=16690]Daphne DuMaurier[/MENTION] and [MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] - I am hoping to be able to laugh soon, we have been trying for a little over a year now to get Ellie house trained, mamma is ready to give her a little freedom from her crate.
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] - Lynn hope you are doing well, I know I am set my ways to, this May baby does NOT like change, but holy moly, she LOOKED right at daddy when he was taking the shoes out of the box, we have bought many shoes, for some reason they are enemy #1
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - Christine, thank you for that story, it was like a bowl chicken soup, glad to know i'm not alone.
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] - Sue, she BETTER make friends with those boots ASAP, or mommy might need to check in to a place for special people.
[MENTION=8518]sunkissedpr1ncs[/MENTION] - Michele, OH yes Ms Ellie is NOT a fan either bags, she will squint her eyes when I open a new trash bag.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

OH this is Wallygator too... he's SO anal about things, it keeps up on our toes!!! Lol

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online