Pebbles Spay Visit to the Vet

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Yesterday Pebbles was spayed & I had the doc check a popping noise coming from her elbow. He said the Xray showed that one of the 2 bones that run sort of parallel in her front arm had one bone growing faster than the other which was sort of cocking the joint.... Both bones still showed the growth line so they are still growing. Hopefully the other will catch up????

Anyone ever heard of this?

He also said she was 10lbs overweight. She weighed 47lbs at about 6 months old.

She now gets (2 cups)1 cup of Fromm & 1 cup of Hills I/D morning & evening. I have noticed she is not as hungry as she was a few months ago. He said to cut it to 1 cup morning & 1 cup evening. Basically cut her food in half.

I put one probiotic pills worth of powder & one scoop of missing link in her food each morning.

Any ideas or comments welcome.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Absolutely cut her food intake to 1 cup AM & 1 cup PM, you can add 1/2 cup of warmed, unsalted green beans
to that to fill her up, limit treats & low calorie too. Extra weight so young will set her up for problems & very
hard on her joints. Not sure if you should walk her with this issue going on with bones. What did Vet say about
activity?

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
No extra walking. we will cut food & see if that helps. She really does not look fat standing up. Big chest, skinny belly.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Green beans - cooked, raw, frozen, canned????
Can I add carrots or anything else?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
You can do any of the above on the green beans. We also steamed them to make them soft, but I know some members do frozen, or canned. If you do canned, be extra sure they are plain jane, no extra spices, flavors, etc. Just plain in water.

Yes, you can also do carrots or broccoli :)

I'd get him off the Hills - that's crap. Just do 1 cup twice a day Fromms!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Some bullies like frozen beans, mine won't eat them. I just feed canned.
Put 1/2 cup in microwave with just a bit of water (about 1/4 cup) warm
30 seconds, pour over kibble.

Carrots make great snacks but have a lot of sugar, green beans hardly any.
After she loses extra weight, you can branch out to other veggies/treats.
It doesn't take long, can you post pics from above to view her waist line?
Should show indention (not ribs), is she full EB or does she have OEB in her?
They are taller & heavier than EBs (English Bulldog) OEB (Olde English Bulldog).

She is beautiful.

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
You can do any of the above on the green beans. We also steamed them to make them soft, but I know some members do frozen, or canned. If you do canned, be extra sure they are plain jane, no extra spices, flavors, etc. Just plain in water.

Yes, you can also do carrots or broccoli :)

I'd get him off the Hills - that's crap. Just do 1 cup twice a day Fromms!

Thanks,

Dikeman put her on the I/D to help her loose weight.

My other 2 dogs are not overweight & stop eating when they are full. This is new to me.

I grill them chicken, & puree broccolli, carrots, spinich, and some other veggies along with missing link.

I would give this to Pebbles but i figured that as a growing puppy I need to really make sure she is getting the right ingredients.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks,

Dikeman put her on the I/D to help her loose weight.

My other 2 dogs are not overweight & stop eating when they are full. This is new to me.

I grill them chicken, & puree broccolli, carrots, spinich, and some other veggies along with missing link.

I would give this to Pebbles but i figured that as a growing puppy I need to really make sure she is getting the right ingredients.
I know, thats the only single thing I don't like is that they push that crap food. Its really not good. I wouldn't feed it. Stick with the Fromms, and add in the green beans or veggies for extra fillings. :)

OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Some bullies like frozen beans, mine won't eat them. I just feed canned.
Put 1/2 cup in microwave with just a bit of water (about 1/4 cup) warm
30 seconds, pour over kibble.

Carrots make great snacks but have a lot of sugar, green beans hardly any.
After she loses extra weight, you can branch out to other veggies/treats.
It doesn't take long, can you post pics from above to view her waist line?
Should show indention (not ribs), is she full EB or does she have OEB in her?
They are taller & heavier than EBs (English Bulldog) OEB (Olde English Bulldog).

She is beautiful.

She does not look that fat to me, at least waist line.

Pebbles 2.JPG

Pebbles 1.JPG

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Only 6 months.... still young.... she looks fine to me.... but like mentioned, get rid of Hills! Full of fillers. Snacks should be any raw veggies or fruits.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Andy T

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Thanks everyone. Can't believe she like green beans.

Started on about 1/2 -3/4 of a cup of green beans & she seems to be doing well with that and just 1 cup of FROMM.

Saturday morning I got side tracked & didn't watch the other 2 dogs plates. One did not finish his food & I came back to pebbles finishing it for him.

Lesson learned.

She is taking an antibiotic for her surgery & I have never had a dog that will eat a pill without it being hidden in some kind of food.

This dog will eat anything..

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Isnt it neat they actually like green beans!! :) and oh how I love the ease of giving pills to my bulldog! had shih tzus and oh what grief they gave! I love this.. and, I laughed at the 'catching her in the other dogs bowl... I have my sons Chihuahua here most of the time and My Hank loves to throw food at or to her. She was getting quite plump so I sent her to my son to get her back in shape and now am watching these two's exchange ;) Dogs are either protective or sharers I guess.. Hanks a sweetie but to Josie's demise!
Thanks everyone. Can't believe she like green beans.

Started on about 1/2 -3/4 of a cup of green beans & she seems to be doing well with that and just 1 cup of FROMM.

Saturday morning I got side tracked & didn't watch the other 2 dogs plates. One did not finish his food & I came back to pebbles finishing it for him.

Lesson learned.

She is taking an antibiotic for her surgery & I have never had a dog that will eat a pill without it being hidden in some kind of food.

This dog will eat anything..

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I give mine frozen or fresh..I snap them for non choking purposes..lol I think every vet says bullies are 10 lbs overweight..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.