Monty and the dreaded wheelbarrow

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We were working in the garden this morning which involved using the wheelbarrow. Monty decided to protect his dad from this vicious beast, started barking and jumping around and promptly fell in the pool. My husband was right there of course, reached down, grabbed his collar and got him out straight away. Luckily it was the shallow end near the steps but the water would have been way over his head if he had been in there long enough. Silly dog shook, then went right back to attacking the wheelbarrow! Our dogs are never, ever, allowed outside by themselves as neither can swim but it just proves how quickly something like this can happen. My husband was pleased it wasn't the deep end otherwise he would have had to go in after him and the water is still a bit cool! Monty is now banned from being around the wheelbarrow....

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
doggone dogs scare us to death!!!! glad he wanted to save ya and all, but stinker!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I would put a vest on Monty and show him the wheelbarrow is no danger to anyone? Just to be on the safe side as we will always get that moment we missed. But that's me. :yes:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
At least he went in while protecting his daddy, lol poor guy and thank God for great bully parents - always supervising him and not leaving him alone around the pool ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
I would put a vest on Monty and show him the wheelbarrow is no danger to anyone? Just to be on the safe side as we will always get that moment we missed. But that's me. :yes:

That would be great but we are still trying to show him the swiffer, vacuum, broom, suitcase, etc, etc (you get the picture!!) does not need to be attacked! He hates them. Putting a vest on every time he needs to go out and/or we go in the garden is not practical and as I said, they are never alone outside, rain or shine and our garden is small. We have been doing this for years, starting with Chumly, it's second nature now.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So thankful that Monty had his parents there!! That damn wheelbarrow......we'll just put the blame right there :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Trashbags and trash trucks are the only problems at my house.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
They crack me up!! The things they choose are 'evil'. Just too funny!

Lambeau couldn't careless about most 'things'. But a moving leaf in the wind... look out!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
1Chumly

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
They have such quirky characters, I just love it!

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
My Bella is the same with the broom, dust mop, mop (the inside culprits)
The hose, the pool brush, pool net and vacuum (the outside monsters!) she has also fallen in the pool but once pulled out goes directly back to what she was doing/chasing without not so much of a blink of an eye.
We can't turn the hose on without her trying to take it from us. I try to sneak to water my flowers but she is very observant. I don't get away with that for too long. Little turd monster!! IMG_5377.JPG
She sees everything and wants to be in the middle of it!
IMG_5359.JPG
Watches everything we do! Doesn't miss much....
IMG_5349.JPG

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.