Real Name
    Jill
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    hank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Always wet?

thank you wrote it down and will brew up Been told this is great for in between baths for freshen up

Real Name
    Christopher
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Obie
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for all the info guys I wiped his puppy booty today, and will do the face and folds tomorrow after I go to the store. I know bulldogs have breathing problems, but is it normal for their nose to sound like they have a cold, mucus n all, mixed with short breaths? It's not a constant thing, only sometimes. If it gets "bad" to me, I wake him and move him to his tummy next to me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Christopher
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Obie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    If he's on Diamond Puppy...that's not good food.
    "Chicken By-Product Meal, Whole Grain Ground Corn, Wheat Flour, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols)..."
    Diamond Naturals Puppy not as bad.

If he's on the regular Diamond Puppy then please change it right away. I would not bother with a gradual switch. If his stool is a little loose for a day or two that's not a big deal.
    Orijen, Fromm, Acana...something grain free may be all he needs to settle those eyes down. Some bullies have issues with seasonal allergies early on but it's usually an issue with dogs that are a bit older. Could also be an early sign of entropion. Have him evaluated at his first Vet check.

Please post some more pics.
    It's diamond natural puppy. His stool is not quite soft serve level... Put it this way. His accidents I can usually pick up with no "smudge." Not hard as diamonds though.

I have a bag of orijen large breed PUPPY (purple label) for him , just figured I'd wait til towards the end to start mixing to ease the transition.

5. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    I'm not sure if I understood your regimen correctly, but I wouldn't recommend undiluted apple cider vinegar in the ear or on the skin. I would use it mixed half and half with witch hazel or half and half with alcohol for the ears. Personally, I think witch hazel is less irritating than alcohol. If your dog is really yeasty ( smelling like corn chips and itchy ) I would recommend bathing with Malaseb or Curaseb weekly instead of regular shampoo, even twice weekly for the first week or two. Leave the shampoo in the fur for 15 minutes before washing off.
    I usually mix the ACV. Witch hazel is my go to. But if he is really irritated I bring out ACV mixture or mix on cotton pad.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Not all bulldogs have a tail pocket you have to worry about cleaning. Both of mine don't, so all I do is a quick wipe with a wet wipe after a messy poo. But if your puppy has a deep tail pocket (immediately below tail ) then you need to wash out and THEN DRY every day or 2 days. eg baby wipe dipped in witch hazel to clean pocket till no hair comes out, then dry with a paper towel.

If pocket is ever really sore then put a drop of malaseb or curaseb shampoo in a spray bottle with some warm water, spray the tail pocket area a few times to flush it clean, ( apparently a lot of gunk will come out !!! ), let it sit a few minutes, wipe dry with a paper towel, and then an hour later apply some cream eg. silver sulfadiazine or polysporin cream if it's infected, or desitin if it's not. Do this daily for a couple of weeks. After that flush weekly as a maintenance and in between clean every day with a regular wipe or malacetic or malaseb wipe and then dry,

There's a lot of info in this site's FAQ English Bulldog News Forums - The Proper Way to Clean Ears, Nose Ropes, Folds, Paws, Tail Pockets and Vulva

Quote Originally Posted by ObietheWan View Post
    Thanks for all the info guys I wiped his puppy booty today, and will do the face and folds tomorrow after I go to the store. I know bulldogs have breathing problems, but is it normal for their nose to sound like they have a cold, mucus n all, mixed with short breaths? It's not a constant thing, only sometimes. If it gets "bad" to me, I wake him and move him to his tummy next to me.

8. Likes Cbrugs liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Get this on video if you can... some is normal but with puppy you want to make sure it is not an upper respiratory infection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

"Hit me baby one more time!" 4WHLN's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

FANTASTIC!!!
    Dooley usually gets a couple ear infections a year. I have a couple flushes and cleaners from the vet I use. Ill have to give this ACV flush a try.

Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

So I've noticed since I picked Obie up, under his left eye coming from his inner eye down one of his folds is always seemingly "wet". Is this alright?
    Some solid advice by the others as usual.
    Dooley had this with his eyes early on also. It went away with a food change. He still gets a little watery from time to time as the seasons change. I just keep them as clean as possible and hes good to go.

Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

They recommend 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 water for the ears in that article. Most people here would use 1/2 apple cider vinegar ( Braggs brand ) and 1/2 witch hazel, since witch hazel will dry out the ears, which is something you want.

Quote Originally Posted by 4WHLN View Post
    FANTASTIC!!!
    Dooley usually gets a couple ear infections a year. I have a couple flushes and cleaners from the vet I use. Ill have to give this ACV flush a try.

13. Likes BullyBoston liked this post
    Real Name
    Paul
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
    Likes (Received)

Oh good call on the witch hazel. Ill make that change.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads