Weight Gain

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
Hey Guys! Question, I took Sgt. and Dutchie to the vet last night for their physicals. So, both of them have gained 2lbs since we were there in October. Do you notice your guys put on weight in the winter? I definitely haven't been walking them as much as I do when it's nicer out. Granted, that's more because of them than me, they aren't fans of wet paws. Sgt. went from 48lbs to 50 and Dutch from 19 to 21. Just curious if you guys have this happen.
Thanks!

P.S. I tried to tell the vet muscle weighs more than fat...

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Yes I have noticed that Walter has gained winter weight... I have trouble getting his exercise in the winter months, especially when it's super cold. Willow seems to stay the same, but Walter is neutered.

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
I think a 2-5lb weight gain in the winter is normal since they are not getting as much exercise. I know Patrick doesn't get much exercise in the winter. We'll send him to a doggy day care once a week in the winter to burn some energy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
P.S. I tried to tell the vet muscle weighs more than fat...

They never listen when we tell them that either! :giggle:

Yes, both of my guys gained about 2 lbs too

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.