oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
He was a very good boy. He got his nails trimmed as a courtesy and thoroughly examined. He's ate up with Demodectic Mange(we already knew this when we got him) and he's be on antibiotics for a couple of weeks to address secondary infection. Our Vet wants to treat the Demodex with NEXGARD flea and tic tabs. One chewable per month and it will rid him of the mites. He says it's a rather new way to deal with Demodex and much prefers it over Ivermectin. He insists that it is safer and quicker acting than a daily dosage of Ivermectin. I'll report back how it goes. He'll get neutered and his cherry eye tacked(they rarely succeed...but we'll try once anyway) in 30-60 days. He's a really cute 10 month old.
He's funny...he likes to sit on the lower shelf of the end table next to my chair. He does this every night...

Strikes also went in to have his left leg looked at. He's been limping around a lot and it wasn't getting any better. X-Rays show arthritis and he's got excessive movement in the knee. Just what we figured, he'll likely be getting cruciate surgery...sometime in June. Our preferred otho is booked out that far. UGH! Otherwise he's doing great...Oh Boy!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a sweet face, and so young :( I'm so happy he's with you guys for now and will be getting the treatment he needs & love he deserves. He'll feel so much better once his mange is under control.

For Strikes, does he need surgery due to the knee? Vet could give some inflammation meds for the arthritis at least to give him some temporary relief. Poor guy, we deal with arthritis alot here, so I know the struggle.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
He looks like a cuddly teddy bear and what a nice place he's found. I'm sure he realises he's come to the right place to get help for his issues!

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
He was a very good boy. He got his nails trimmed as a courtesy and thoroughly examined. He's ate up with Demodectic Mange(we already knew this when we got him) and he's be on antibiotics for a couple of weeks to address secondary infection. Our Vet wants to treat the Demodex with NEXGARD flea and tic tabs. One chewable per month and it will rid him of the mites. He says it's a rather new way to deal with Demodex and much prefers it over Ivermectin. He insists that it is safer and quicker acting than a daily dosage of Ivermectin. I'll report back how it goes. He'll get neutered and his cherry eye tacked(they rarely succeed...but we'll try once anyway) in 30-60 days. He's a really cute 10 month old.
He's funny...he likes to sit on the lower shelf of the end table next to my chair. He does this every night...

Strikes also went in to have his left leg looked at. He's been limping around a lot and it wasn't getting any better. X-Rays show arthritis and he's got excessive movement in the knee. Just what we figured, he'll likely be getting cruciate surgery...sometime in June. Our preferrec otho is booked out that far. UGH! Otherwise he's doing great...Oh Boy!

He's adorable. Our dogs love to sit under the end tables. We have beds under there most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
For Strikes, does he need surgery due to the knee? Vet could give some inflammation meds for the arthritis at least to give him some temporary relief.
TY...

Yep, I'm pretty sure he's going to need knee surgery. He was getting 75 mg Rimadyl but we've increased it to 100mg as of this PM. He's been getting around on 3 legs as best he can. He's tough. He'll get through this in time.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
What a cutie..We did the acl surgery in December for our boy and he is doing great.He had his cherry eye done when he had his entropion fixed about a year ago and its stayed put..

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I LOVE him.... those ears :heart:

You guys do great things for these babies! xoxoxoxo

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Biggie is so beautiful !!! Demodex can also be treated with Advantage Multi , so I wonder if you can use Advantage Multi for heartworm and fleas ALONG WITH the Nexgard ( a week apart ). They work differently so it should be safe to use both.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Strikes also went in to have his left leg looked at. He's been limping around a lot and it wasn't getting any better. X-Rays show arthritis and he's got excessive movement in the knee. Just what we figured, he'll likely be getting cruciate surgery...sometime in June. Our preferred otho is booked out that far. UGH! Otherwise he's doing great...Oh Boy!

Nyala got her cherry eye tacked when she got spayed and it still tacked. Wait now I got to go knock on wood! Lolll

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I see you also have a under the desk pup Chip lol
I get so many craps from Bulldogs under desks while on puter lol
I am curious how did you pick his name excellent choice love it
He is gorgeous , a good sturdy look to him .

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am curious how did you pick his name excellent choice love it
He came in with the name "Biggie"...Sandy says she doesn't like.
One look at his ears and all I could think of was radar...so I call him "Doppler". Sandy has yet to warm up to that. He answers to no name at this point so re-naming him will not be an issue.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
He came in with the name "Biggie"...Sandy says she doesn't like.
One look at his ears and all I could think of was radar...so I call him "Doppler". Sandy has yet to warm up to that. He answers to no name at this point so re-naming him will not be an issue.

Yep I see the Radar , well done My friend lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.