Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone is having a great day...

SO....Ellie has taken on a new habit that past few days, of Wandering out of bed (she sleeps in our bed) around the side of the bed her crate is on, she will sniff about, and lick her feet, and go in her crate, lay for a few minutes, then will decide she wants back in bed,and she goes back to sleep, this all has been happening about (2-3 AM) about 1-2 hours before the alarm goes off...this makes for a TIRED MOMMY!!:babysleep:

Is this something normal, a phase that she will grow out of, why might this have started?!?! - Just curious if anyone else's baby does this..

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Maybe she's uncomfortably warm

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This is the reason we made a fence in a cosy place for our boy, around 3 sq.meters, where he sleeps. Dogs usually change sleeping place during night, they want warm bed, then they feel like cool floor in the bathroom, after that it never hurts to check - may be mom is awake and can already start performing her most important duty- preparing breakfast for her fur Baby? The way they do it - putting wet snout in your face - doesn't help good morning sleep:D

bulldogsoccer

Mar 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Patrick
Patrick does the same thing...changes positions about 4-5 times a night. He wants to be between my legs above covers...then under covers...then above covers near my head...etc.

I don't get enough sleep but I can't kick him out of bed.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
What temp do you keep the house on?

We keep it about 60°F, and has been that way the WHOLE winter, and She sleeps ABOVE the covers, she starts between our pillows, then stretches as long as she can get, and shoves herself against me or hubby....now she is waking and wandering and last night when she got back in bed, felt the need to make sure mommy was really sleeping - HAHAHAHHA!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We keep it about 60°F, and has been that way the WHOLE winter, and She sleeps ABOVE the covers, she starts between our pillows, then stretches as long as she can get, and shoves herself against me or hubby....now she is waking and wandering and last night when she got back in bed, felt the need to make sure mommy was really sleeping - HAHAHAHHA!!
That is a good temp. I have found that when Tyson gets too hot at night, he started to become restless. So we ended up buying him his own fan that points directly at him. Since then, not a peep. LOL

:)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
they certainly take liberty to be just where they want to be! no respect for 'personal space' as they say ;)

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
they certainly take liberty to be just where they want to be! no respect for 'personal space' as they say ;)

NOOOOOOO they do not!! :nonono: Ellie will take MOST of our New King Size bed :ROFL:

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
That is a good temp. I have found that when Tyson gets too hot at night, he started to become restless. So we ended up buying him his own fan that points directly at him. Since then, not a peep. LOL

:)

Guess we will have to put the ceiling fan back on tonight, Mama was not ready for that, but if it keeps the Midnight Party Princess Sleeping, Mama's IN!!

Thankfully I have a HEAVY down blanket and comforter on the bed to keep me warm

P.S. Ellie sleeps on top of ALL the Blankets...

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Guess we will have to put the ceiling fan back on tonight, Mama was not ready for that, but if it keeps the Midnight Party Princess Sleeping, Mama's IN!!

Thankfully I have a HEAVY down blanket and comforter on the bed to keep me warm

P.S. Ellie sleeps on top of ALL the Blankets...

I'll be curious to see if that helps? Let me know tomorrow [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Patrick does the same thing...changes positions about 4-5 times a night. He wants to be between my legs above covers...then under covers...then above covers near my head...etc.

I don't get enough sleep but I can't kick him out of bed.
That is Bella exactly except she likes to sleep on my head or on my face also!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
One solution.....OUT OF MY ROOM!
I dont sleep much so I need what I can get in my whole 5hrs. I dont want to hear snornig, moving left n right, smelly farts, paws in my face, bad breath especially from a bully. I just want to sleep and then im all yours. My moto....you can sleep anywhere you want in the house but... MY bedroom!

Go ahead I see you alllllllllll :facepalm2::faint::bitching::bigeyes::yikes:

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I'll be curious to see if that helps? Let me know tomorrow [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No luck again tonight, mommy had to get up to go potty in the night and it woke Ellie, who started to sniff and do her thing, jumped on and off the bed mulitple times, and when I turned the light on to see what was going on, found out tonight she peed on the floor!!:hissy: we have NEVER had an overnight accident like that...:*(:*(

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor wakes up at night too. He starts out in his own bed in my son's room, then he comes into our bedroom to let me know he wants to get up onto my son's bed (but is too lazy or to polite to jump up himself). So I lift him up and he goes back to sleep immediately. Then after a few hours, he's back by my bedside again, waiting to test our bed or to be led back to my son's room. As long as he sleeps at the footend of our beds I think it's ok and as long as most of us sleep as much as possible, I'm ok with the night wandering. Who knows, perhaps the little guy has had a nightmare and needs some comfort?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.