To those who dress up their bullies

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1612]Alice Kable[/MENTION], the old guy was probably my great-grandfather that lived in WV....Oh shoot you said WA....Oh well my great grandfather made shine and had a stil, he lived and died of black lung in WV as a coal miner. The "shine" would have stripped a wood floor it was so strong!! :lol:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Only on EBN can a thread start by talking about bully clothes, and end up talking about moonshine!!! :up:

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Nope it isn't a still...........though thanks to being a flavorist.........I do know how to make one. What it is.....I found that using champaigne yeast with other yeast.....actually increases the amount of alcohol in the wine considerably........and it doesn't leave a bitter taste. My best batch so far.......was a creation of my own I call Hillbilly Blush....
Hillbilly Blush Wine
Recipe file created September 1 2009.
Made with few ingredients, and ready to drink in a month.
Ingredients
12 oz frozen concentrated Old Orchard Apple Cherry juice
12 oz. frozen concentrate Welch’s Passionfruit
3 cups granulated sugar
1 package wine yeast
Use the frozen concentrate container, add three cans of hot water
For each frozen concentrate used. (1 gal= 3+3 cans of hot water)
Bring frozen concentrated juice to room temperature. Dissolve sugar in juice.
Add yeast. And one more 12oz. of hot water. Put lid on an shake well then remove lid and attach airlock (or fit a large balloon over the mouth of the jug).
NOTE: An inexpensive Airlock is a cork, drilled and add a plastic tube into a bucket of water. Seal cork and tube on outside by melting candle wax over top of the cork & tube.
Your wine will save about one weeks time in making it using an airlock.
Directions for airlock:
If you use a clear glass container, you will see the yeast and sugar reaction of rising bubbles almost immediately. This will die down in about 2 weeks. Shake the bottle again,
After the two weeks, and in about one week you won’t see any more rising bubbles. When no bubbles are visible it’s ready for filtering.
Direction for balloon:
After attaching the balloon securely by using bread ties or tape or my favorite.. A thick rubber band wrapped several times around jug, the balloon will expand. In about one month the balloon will deflate and the wine will be ready for filtering.
Directions for filtering:
Using a clean plastic funnel, a 1 gal. jug and white cotton fabric (an old clean white t-shirt) siphon wine off the wine from the sediment. Lay the t-shirt flat inside the funnel, (not folded) put funnel in one gallon container and pour off. The wine is now ready to drink.
BETTER RESULT NOTE:
Some people use regular bread yeast in this recipe. Bread yeast imparts a distinct yeast flavor on the wine, and does not allow the wine to clear properly. You will get better results with a proper wine yeast. I make 2 gallons at a time by doubling this recipe but when adding the yeast I use two different packets of Lalvin wine yeast.
I use 1 packet of D-47 and 1 packet of EC-1118. This really works well and seems to kick up the alcohol level considerably.
For different types of wine……Try this recipe with any frozen concentrated juice.

Most Reactions