KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So as you read in my previous post I "rescued" a 5 year old fixed male. Actually removed him from a horrid home environment. Antibiotics are starting to kick in and his ears although filthy, not quite as red. I will flush them real good when ear infections clear up. Hot spot drying up a little, and cyst between toes looks a little better. 4 days of meds and 4 doses of coconut oil, and a good food change is starting to help. He still stinks BAD, but will wait and bathe him this weekend. He's had a lot of new things happen in a short period of time. Poor Guy!

So anyways. let's get to my question. Mr Wrinkles is 5, he will be 6, Nov. 1st. I absolutely HATE his name, and since he has a new life, I want to re-name him. Do you think at his age he would adjust and learn??? I've been kind of calling him Roger, which I don't love but its close to Wrinkles and he responds. I think the new name should start with an R.... So any suggestions??? Or should I not even do it?

This poor boy just sits and stares at me, no matter where I go in the house he just stares at me. The picture I am about to post is last weekend when I went to pick him up. Poor thing has his chin on my console and just stared at me the whole way home. He can be sound asleep and if I move he will sit up and just stare at me. He was sucking his Lions nose last night and just stared at me. He is such a sweet heart and I already know adores me and Joe. But the staring is really sad, it's like he's waiting to get the rug pulled out from under him again. Which will NEVER happen again! This is the pitiful picture I took in my car the day I picked him up to come to his forever home.

Michael Sabin

Aug 28, 2014
NH
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
New beginning new name! She needs to start associating you with good things so try keeping a treat in your pocket. My dogs definitely look any different if they know I have a treat in my pocket. Affection goes along way as well he needs to learn to start trusting. Best wishes for him and his new home. If you keep the new name to no more than two syllables it will not be hard for him to pick up the new name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What an angel face. I say change it! New life, new beginnings, new name. He WILL adjust to his new name. Tyson responds to about 3-4 different names, and nicknames. I am SO emotionally heart-filled with joy happy that he is safe now, and I can't wait to see him come out of his shell once he knows he is SAFE. and LOVED.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
ROGER THAT! we have lots of nicknames that evolve for our bullies and the response is always positive. your voice and intonation should be what big Rog responds to :) stick with one new name though, and always associate it with loves!

ah you're not sold on roger though i think its adorable. how about reggie?

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
We changed Monty's name from Meaty. It's fairly close and he had no problems as he rarely answers to anything anyway!!!! I say go for it.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I've been kind of calling him Roger, which I don't love but its close to Wrinkles and he responds. I think the new name should start with an R.... So any suggestions??? Or should I not even do it?
Firstly...
Thank you VERY MUCH for rescuing this handsome boy.

Secondly...
Boy does he have you fooled. He's as happy as can be and knows what he's got...milking it for all it's worth. So...if you spoil him rotten, that's just fine with everyone here, he deserves it.

Thirdly...
If his name is Wiggles and he responds to "Roger" then you could easily change his name to Tenderloin, Porterhouse, or Rump Roast and he's apt to respond.
but...
The way he's got you wrapped you should re-name him Hoodwink, Shakedown, or FlimFlam.

Good luck!

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] Oh what a sweet boy!!!! I agree CHANGE IT!! Maybe he associates "Mr. Wrinkles" with all bad that has happened to him. I would NEVER utter that name again....out with the old and painful :)

So new name and all LOVE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Raging Bull, Ragu, Rendor......

You know, Nyala is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS in my face. Like 8" easily if im sitting down. If I let her she'll be up my damm nose. And trust me she's follows me everywhere. I have to tell her to back off at time as it really gets spooky at times and i also trip so many times over her cause she's always up my a** as we say. So yours is just happy to be with you. That's all. They just want more hugs, treats, walks and their belly full. Like newborns loll.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I agree with the posts above that now he's in a new home and should have a new name. He's adorable and sounds good that he looks at you (the opposite would be far worse, wouldn't it)!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
No doubt, he will get used to a new name. Hundreds of dogs are rescued and nobody knows their names, and they get used to a new name. Dogs don't care about name, the most important is bowl of food and your love. Start with a new name today when you give him food, rub his tummy etc. In one week he will know that you call him Roger or whatever name you pick.
To my opinion, he looks like Daniel Craig with his icy blue eyes. May be Craig or Bond is a good name?:cool:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
OH this was SO meant to be... poor guy, looks an absolute mess. But he's a lucky pup now... absolutely change his name, how is Vegas handling his baby brother?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Be aware that if he continues to stink 10 days after meds and bathing he's probably got yeast infection going on.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Good Job on rescuing him and change his name. Chunky probably answers to his nicknames more than chunky.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online