Bella overmarking my other dogs......?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Is it possible that my little 4 month old Bella is overmarking on my other dogs pee outside? I swear I have seen her do it at least a few times. (I will be sure to watch closer) Right after they go she goes. I have a male that normally goes.
I have two other females besides Bella also.
Isn't that a sign of being (trying to be) dominant.
Any thoughts??

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I would agree, especially if Bella tries to walk in front of the other dog or pushes it with her body while on a walk.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is definately not submissive with them. It's a little scary with the 110 lb male. Although he is very good with her. He will move away from his food dish is she goes to it. I try not to let her but sometimes she is quick.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Ahhhh little Bella has little hidden horns. Lolll Training time!!! One thing you should start while she's still young, this food issue, your other dog shouldn't away from his dish. She's young so it's the best time to nip them in the tush now with these little issues before they become big issues. She's toooooo cute n getting away with it. Lol

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ahhhh little Bella has little hidden horns. Lolll Training time!!! One thing you should start while she's still young, this food issue, your other dog shouldn't away from his dish. She's young so it's the best time to nip them in the tush now with these little issues before they become big issues. She's toooooo cute n getting away with it. Lol
She definately can be a little devil!
She is stubborn. She acts like she doesn't hear me when I call her in, if she is not ready to come in. All I have to say is do you want a treat? Then she hears me. I have been working on her coming when called. She loves her food!
I have been trying to feed the older dogs when she is out or in her crate just so I don't have to play keep away. What should I be doing?
She is fed three times a day but of course the older dogs know not to eat her food. Not that they get a chance she eats it so fast.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
She definately can be a little devil!
She She acts like she doesn't hear me when I call her in, if she is not ready to come in. All I have to say is do you want a treat? Then she hears me. I have been working on her coming when called. She loves her food!
I have been trying to feed the older dogs when she is out or in her crate just so I don't have to play keep away. What should I be doing?
She is fed three times a day but of course the older dogs know not to eat her food. Not that they get a chance she eats it so fast.

She should be eating at the same time as the others except the extra portion in the day. She needs to learn that we all eat together and when im done I dont go check into my siblings bowls. Give a snack to the others while she's eating that extra meal. She eats 3x a day right? Like that its meal time all together. You can also try adding a ball in her bowl to slow her down.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes she eats three times a day.
It's hard to block her from their bowls when I am the only one home for one of the meals they have together. I will have to figure it out. Lol. And I do give the older dogs a treat when she is the only one being fed. They are pretty disciplined. I just have to get Bell on board with that.
I have been putting a tennis ball in her food dish. She has actually knocked it out.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes she eats three times a day.
It's hard to block her from their bowls when I am the only one home for one of the meals they have together. I will have to figure it out. Lol. And I do give the older dogs a treat when she is the only one being fed. They are pretty disciplined. I just have to get Bell on board with that.
I have been putting a tennis ball in her food dish. She has actually knocked it out.

You're doing the right things then. Have you tried removing their dishes once done eating? Hard when your not there. The other person would have to be your eyes when your not.

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
My little mixed breed does that too with Punk. She will wait and after Punk goes - she will go.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I just didn't expect it from a 4 month old puppy. I watched her today and she didn't , but it was windy and cold so she just wanted backnij. But I am sure I have see her do it a few times.
She actually got peed on by my male who was trying to do it. Lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Most of my dogs do that! It really makes it easy to train pups,because the pups always did it,too!

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Most of my dogs do that! It really makes it easy to train pups,because the pups always did it,too!

She is actually doing great on the potty training. If I am paying attention attention she'll always go out side. Unless it's raining, windy or cold. Luckily it's not most of the time here in Georgia.If I don't she will go in the house. But overall very please.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
She is definately not submissive with them. It's a little scary with the 110 lb male. Although he is very good with her. He will move away from his food dish is she goes to it. I try not to let her but sometimes she is quick.

Naturally dog males are very gentlemanly with females, it is in their nature, even if bitch bites them, they don't answer. So, no worries.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
As far as feeding goes I'd feed her only in her kennel...all 3 meals. Once all dogs are fed and bowls are put away, let her out. You could walk her on a lead when she's out to do her business and that will discourage/prevent the offending behavior. We have 5 bullies at our house now and 2 of them (1 male & 1 female) like to pee on top of the others mess. Neither of those dogs are dominant over the rest. The only Alpha in the house is my wife...and me, to a lesser extent.

OP
Hceril

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I guess it's been a while since we've had a puppy. I just didn't recall my pups doing Hat. It's a given for my adult dogs. It had always been from the youngest female to the oldest female then then the male.

Most Reactions