Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bella overmarking my other dogs......?

Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Default Bella overmarking my other dogs......?

Is it possible that my little 4 month old Bella is overmarking on my other dogs pee outside? I swear I have seen her do it at least a few times. (I will be sure to watch closer) Right after they go she goes. I have a male that normally goes.
    I have two other females besides Bella also.
    Isn't that a sign of being (trying to be) dominant.
    Any thoughts??

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Show Judge
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bella overmarking my other dogs......?

I would agree, especially if Bella tries to walk in front of the other dog or pushes it with her body while on a walk.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She is definately not submissive with them. It's a little scary with the 110 lb male. Although he is very good with her. He will move away from his food dish is she goes to it. I try not to let her but sometimes she is quick.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Ahhhh little Bella has little hidden horns. Lolll Training time!!! One thing you should start while she's still young, this food issue, your other dog shouldn't away from his dish. She's young so it's the best time to nip them in the tush now with these little issues before they become big issues. She's toooooo cute n getting away with it. Lol

7. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Ahhhh little Bella has little hidden horns. Lolll Training time!!! One thing you should start while she's still young, this food issue, your other dog shouldn't away from his dish. She's young so it's the best time to nip them in the tush now with these little issues before they become big issues. She's toooooo cute n getting away with it. Lol
    She definately can be a little devil!
    She is stubborn. She acts like she doesn't hear me when I call her in, if she is not ready to come in. All I have to say is do you want a treat? Then she hears me. I have been working on her coming when called. She loves her food!
    I have been trying to feed the older dogs when she is out or in her crate just so I don't have to play keep away. What should I be doing?
    She is fed three times a day but of course the older dogs know not to eat her food. Not that they get a chance she eats it so fast.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    She definately can be a little devil!
    She She acts like she doesn't hear me when I call her in, if she is not ready to come in. All I have to say is do you want a treat? Then she hears me. I have been working on her coming when called. She loves her food!
    I have been trying to feed the older dogs when she is out or in her crate just so I don't have to play keep away. What should I be doing?
    She is fed three times a day but of course the older dogs know not to eat her food. Not that they get a chance she eats it so fast.
    She should be eating at the same time as the others except the extra portion in the day. She needs to learn that we all eat together and when im done I dont go check into my siblings bowls. Give a snack to the others while she's eating that extra meal. She eats 3x a day right? Like that its meal time all together. You can also try adding a ball in her bowl to slow her down.

10. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Yes she eats three times a day.
    It's hard to block her from their bowls when I am the only one home for one of the meals they have together. I will have to figure it out. Lol. And I do give the older dogs a treat when she is the only one being fed. They are pretty disciplined. I just have to get Bell on board with that.
    I have been putting a tennis ball in her food dish. She has actually knocked it out.

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hceril View Post
    Yes she eats three times a day.
    It's hard to block her from their bowls when I am the only one home for one of the meals they have together. I will have to figure it out. Lol. And I do give the older dogs a treat when she is the only one being fed. They are pretty disciplined. I just have to get Bell on board with that.
    I have been putting a tennis ball in her food dish. She has actually knocked it out.
    You're doing the right things then. Have you tried removing their dishes once done eating? Hard when your not there. The other person would have to be your eyes when your not.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member Annie1991's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Punk'N
    Likes (Received)

My little mixed breed does that too with Punk. She will wait and after Punk goes - she will go.

Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I just didn't expect it from a 4 month old puppy. I watched her today and she didn't , but it was windy and cold so she just wanted backnij. But I am sure I have see her do it a few times.
    She actually got peed on by my male who was trying to do it. Lol

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Most of my dogs do that! It really makes it easy to train pups,because the pups always did it,too!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Hope
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Most of my dogs do that! It really makes it easy to train pups,because the pups always did it,too!
    She is actually doing great on the potty training. If I am paying attention attention she'll always go out side. Unless it's raining, windy or cold. Luckily it's not most of the time here in Georgia.If I don't she will go in the house. But overall very please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads