ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Thank-you everyone she has not had a drink since she come home is this normal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
So glad to hear all went well!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank-you everyone she has not had a drink since she come home is this normal?

How many hours? Try rubbing ice chips or keeping her lips moist. Use a cold towel if you have to. She's probably to tired to drink so you help her out. Im glad our little trooper is home!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad Ruby is home, God Bless this Precious Girl. I Pray she will have a Speedy Recovery.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
How many hours? Try rubbing ice chips or keeping her lips moist. Use a cold towel if you have to. She's probably to tired to drink so you help her out. Im glad our little trooper is home!

I managed to get a bit down her last night she wouldn't drink from her bowl, but was happy to lick bits off my fingers, we tried lifting the bowl to her but she just kept turning away, she's had a settled night and seems fine this morning although annoyed with us we keep getting stink eye ha. My hubby is home all day today so she's not on her own, we have been given metcam for pain relief and have to go back tomorrow for a post op check

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I managed to get a bit down her last night she wouldn't drink from her bowl, but was happy to lick bits off my fingers, we tried lifting the bowl to her but she just kept turning away, she's had a settled night and seems fine this morning although annoyed with us we keep getting stink eye ha. My hubby is home all day today so she's not on her own, we have been given metcam for pain relief and have to go back tomorrow for a post op check

Well that's good. Better giving ice chips than not drinking. Try an ice cube on the floor. Sometimes they end up playing around with it n eating it. She eating solids?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad she is home, and the surgery was a success... it may take awhile for her to eat & drink normally and that is perfectly fine. I would just do as Helene suggested and give her some ice chips.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Well that's good. Better giving ice chips than not drinking. Try an ice cube on the floor. Sometimes they end up playing around with it n eating it. She eating solids?

She turned her nose up at her breakfast this morning, she ate a bit of wet food at lunch time and has been drinking throughout the day, we tried her with ice chips last night but she wasn't to interested, I think her throats might of been a bit sore from the tube, she seems much brighter this evening.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
I'm glad she is home, and the surgery was a success... it may take awhile for her to eat & drink normally and that is perfectly fine. I would just do as Helene suggested and give her some ice chips.

Thank-you she seems much brighter this evening, she managed to eat some wet food at lunch time and has been drinking throughout the day

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh....so she's drinking now...great! Dont bother with any chips lol she's on her way to a great recovery. She'll be back to herself in no time.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Oh....so she's drinking now...great! Dont bother with any chips lol she's on her way to a great recovery. She'll be back to herself in no time.

Yes I think maybe she was a little groggy from the anaesthetic, and perhaps her throat was abit sore from the tubes

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
5ccb7a11fe9dfddde3aac2fe49bdf88c.jpg

Feeling much better today although I'm not happy my mum said I'm not allowed to jump on the chairs or sofa until my stitches are out and I've fully healed... thank-you everyone for your well wishes - ruby xx

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13035]ruby[/MENTION] You are a beautiful girl and so happy that your surgery went well! Oh nooo you can't jump on the furniture,you will have to be patient!! Good girl.

Sir Bentley

Jan 27, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Bentley
Keep both of you on the prayer list.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.