betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Effie (EB), Oliver (FB) & Annabel (FB)
[MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Oh yes I know I can't post it on here. I did make one though, and my husband and I have both shared on Facebook. Hopefully more people will as well. If your interested or know anyone who may be, we could figure out a way to get the link to you. Or feel free to friend me on facebook- Tasha Penwell. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing this, never have had to before. I hope and pray that were able to make this happen. I set the goal for $1000, but if we make it to $500 I will ask the owner if she's willing to take $1000 (with $500 of our own). Just holding my breath to wait and see what will happen.
In other news the dogs are currently cuddled up napping on the couch after a long walk :) I'll see if I can attach a pic.
Thank you so much for your encouragement.
20170311_135539.jpg

BethD

Oct 18, 2016
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosco
Goodness gracious, what a story! I'm going to look you up on Facebook now and donate. I think you have a good chance on the go fund me. I would make sure she had documentation before you pay her any amount for the dog. It definitely sounds like she will get better care in your house than theirs. I don't believe they paid 3k for Josie. I wouldn't abandon my pet like that, even in the worst situation and I certainly wouldn't if I paid 3k for her. We had a dog at the time my 3 children were born and my husband worked out of town. He wouldn't come home for a couple months at a time. I never once had our dog tied up outside, let anyone watch him outside of my home, that's just awful. I think Rosco comes from a similar situation. Good luck!! I hope you get to keep her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goodness gracious, what a story! I'm going to look you up on Facebook now and donate. I think you have a good chance on the go fund me. I would make sure she had documentation before you pay her any amount for the dog. It definitely sounds like she will get better care in your house than theirs. I don't believe they paid 3k for Josie. I wouldn't abandon my pet like that, even in the worst situation and I certainly wouldn't if I paid 3k for her. We had a dog at the time my 3 children were born and my husband worked out of town. He wouldn't come home for a couple months at a time. I never once had our dog tied up outside, let anyone watch him outside of my home, that's just awful. I think Rosco comes from a similar situation. Good luck!! I hope you get to keep her.

[MENTION=16466]BethD[/MENTION] thank you so much, we will definitely be asking for documentation before we purchase or return her. The whole situation is just crazy, and my heart breaks for Josie. I know if anything happened to our EB, Effie, I would have jumped in my car that very day. It just seems insane to me that anyone would do that, and not even know their dog was missing!! I think I got your friends request on FB, but when I went to accept it, it disappeared.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=16466]BethD[/MENTION] thank you so much, we will definitely be asking for documentation before we purchase or return her. The whole situation is just crazy, and my heart breaks for Josie. I know if anything happened to our EB, Effie, I would have jumped in my car that very day. It just seems insane to me that anyone would do that, and not even know their dog was missing!! I think I got your friends request on FB, but when I went to accept it, it disappeared.

[MENTION=16466]BethD[/MENTION] I did get your message though! Thank you :)

For anyone who is interested please feel free to look me up on Facebook- Tasha Penwell (Hurley), Virginia Beach. You can friend request or shoot me a message :) I am trying not to lose hope.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Manydogs @2BullyMama Oh yes I know I can't post it on here. I did make one though, and my husband and I have both shared on Facebook. Hopefully more people will as well. If your interested or know anyone who may be, we could figure out a way to get the link to you. Or feel free to friend me on facebook- Tasha Penwell. I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing this, never have had to before. I hope and pray that were able to make this happen. I set the goal for $1000, but if we make it to $500 I will ask the owner if she's willing to take $1000 (with $500 of our own). Just holding my breath to wait and see what will happen.
In other news the dogs are currently cuddled up napping on the couch after a long walk :) I'll see if I can attach a pic.
Thank you so much for your encouragement.
View attachment 104436

send the lady this picture... try to bribe in anyway you can :D

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=16466]BethD[/MENTION]
Quick update on Josie- for those who have been following the story. As of yesterday morning (3/13) we had reached a 50% goal with our Go Fund Me Page at $550. I attempted to contact the owner to see if she would be willing to accept a $1000 re-homing fee for Josie (with $500 of our own money). I received no response. I tried again yesterday evening- still no response. I sent a text to her this morning, and now I am waiting to see if I hear anything. Once she responds I WILL be requesting documentation (proof of ownership). We are willing to pay up to the $1500 that she originally requested. I am a very non-confrontational sort of person- I had really hoped to come to an amicable re-homing agreement (provided that she can submit valid proof of ownership). The fact that she won't respond to me now is beyond frustrating. We may end up going to court in the long run, if we can't reasonably work this out. In which case, we will be using our raised funds for that purpose. I do know that we will NOT be returning Josie this weekend though. We have now met our $1000 goal that we set on Go Fund Me- I am so moved & grateful by the generosity that has been shown to us (including several donations from very kind ladies on EBN). It's nice to know that the world can still be a good place, and that so many people care about what happens to Josie!!!
If anyone has any advice for what we should do moving forward, we are more than willing to hear it! Our game plan for now is to try & call the owner one more time this evening. If she answers we are going to try and hash out a re-homing agreement & ask for proof of ownership. If she won't provide that, then we will not be paying for or returning Josie. If she can provide it, then we are more than happy to pay her & be done with it. If for some reason she now refuses to sell- she can take us to court (or we may be taking her- or at least contacting a lawyer about getting "transfer of title" of ownership, if that's what it takes). We need to have some kind of proof of ownership to present to our vet so that we are able to get Josie seen. Our vet was only willing to give her a "once" over and a rabies shot when we took her in (once they found that microchip). She needs a heart worm test, blood work, stool sample, de-worming, spay surgery etc. All the good stuff- which is normally covered by our wellness plan, if only we were able to add her to it!
Well, that's where we are at with it at this point. Thank you again for all the love & support.

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I FINALLY spoke to Josie's owner this morning (talk about last minute!). She is still willing to sell her to us for $1500. She said she has a folder of Josie's documentation from the pet store where they bought her & she will give it to us as proof of ownership. We are so excited & so thankful that this worked out!
She told me that she thinks Josie is better off with us, because her land lord still will not let them have a dog, and Josie would have been going to stay with her husband's aunt, until they could find her a permanent home (are you kidding me!?- this kinda crap is how she ended up in this situation in the first place). Luckily this has all worked out for the best. We will be meeting up with her this weekend while we are in Roanoke to complete the Bill of Sale & get her documentation.
I am working until 1pm today, and then we will be headed out to Roanoke :) We can't wait to make this official. She is already such a loved part of our family :) We are so unbelievably grateful to everyone who donated to the cause, or just offered their support & wisdom.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I FINALLY spoke to Josie's owner this morning (talk about last minute!). She is still willing to sell her to us for $1500. She said she has a folder of Josie's documentation from the pet store where they bought her & she will give it to us as proof of ownership. We are so excited & so thankful that this worked out!
She told me that she thinks Josie is better off with us, because her land lord still will not let them have a dog, and Josie would have been going to stay with her husband's aunt, until they could find her a permanent home (are you kidding me!?- this kinda crap is how she ended up in this situation in the first place). Luckily this has all worked out for the best. We will be meeting up with her this weekend while we are in Roanoke to complete the Bill of Sale & get her documentation.
I am working until 1pm today, and then we will be headed out to Roanoke :) We can't wait to make this official. She is already such a loved part of our family :) We are so unbelievably grateful to everyone who donated to the cause, or just offered their support & wisdom.

AWESOME!!! :wiggle: :wiggle:

So gotta say this--- do not take Josie with you, just in case of any shenanigans

OP
betterxthanxnew

betterxthanxnew

Apr 21, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA.
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
JOSIE IS OFFICIALLY OURS ❤❤❤!!! We had our meeting with the owner on Saturday and completed all of the paperwork. The owner did have intentions to breed her. And this is their 2nd bulldog....their first was also "lost" and never found. SOOOOO THANKFUL we were able to get the help we needed, and keep her in our family :) I'll make this the last update on this post. Hopefully everything will go back to normal from here forward. I was able to contact the microchip company today & get it switched over to our name. Also contacted her previous vet in Roanoke, and had the records sent to me. According to their records she was born in Oct 2015, making her 17 months old now. I am actually going to TRY to contact the puppy store where they originally got her to see if they can provide me with any further information on her background. Otherwise, I think we've got as much documentation as we are going to get. We are just sooooo happy that she now has a FOREVER home with us :)

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
JOSIE IS OFFICIALLY OURS [emoji173][emoji173][emoji173]!!! We had our meeting with the owner on Saturday and completed all of the paperwork. The owner did have intentions to breed her. And this is their 2nd bulldog....their first was also "lost" and never found. SOOOOO THANKFUL we were able to get the help we needed, and keep her in our family :) I'll make this the last update on this post. Hopefully everything will go back to normal from here forward. I was able to contact the microchip company today & get it switched over to our name. Also contacted her previous vet in Roanoke, and had the records sent to me. She is an Old English according to their records, born in Oct 2015, making her 17 months old now. I am actually going to TRY to contact the puppy store where they originally got her to see if they can provide me with any further information on her background. Otherwise, I think we've got as much documentation as we are going to get. We are just sooooo happy that she now has a FOREVER home with us :)

I am so so happy to read this. You persevered. The good guys won. The right thing isn't always the easiest thing to do, but you got it done. Love to all of you from Daphne and Dana.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
JOSIE IS OFFICIALLY OURS ❤❤❤!!! We had our meeting with the owner on Saturday and completed all of the paperwork. The owner did have intentions to breed her. And this is their 2nd bulldog....their first was also "lost" and never found. SOOOOO THANKFUL we were able to get the help we needed, and keep her in our family :) I'll make this the last update on this post. Hopefully everything will go back to normal from here forward. I was able to contact the microchip company today & get it switched over to our name. Also contacted her previous vet in Roanoke, and had the records sent to me. She is an Old English according to their records, born in Oct 2015, making her 17 months old now. I am actually going to TRY to contact the puppy store where they originally got her to see if they can provide me with any further information on her background. Otherwise, I think we've got as much documentation as we are going to get. We are just sooooo happy that she now has a FOREVER home with us :)

AWESOME!!!

Most Reactions