Poor Pablo. Infected fold

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Pablo had this happen before and it was infected. We put cream on it and it got better.
It's worse this time. I've been cleaning it every single night with medicated wipes since that happened in January. Wiped it tonight and saw a lot of dark flakes.

Any tips? Vet visit in the near future but what could be causing this?

139d23651d708d00d776eb687bb9c2be.jpg

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I'm thinking just disappear rash stuff? It looks terrible... I have a feeling that side will continue to be trouble. His tear stains are bad too but haven't bothered with those

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
You want to only wipe once or twice a day and dry. I have never had an infected fold. I use corn starch to dry him out. Some here have used neodef powder prescribed by vet. I have applied desitin before.

The key is to clean and dry.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Only wipe once a day but haven't dried it, thought the medicated wipes just needed to be wiped...
The wipes have been since January and this just got bad a day or two ago though... not sure what changed but have dried it tonight and will continue.
Should it clear up on its own?

Bryan4Bella7

Dec 26, 2013
Indiana
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I had this happen to my Bella last year sometime. I was wiping her down with a moist towel and not drying and that's the worst thing you can do I was told. After taking her to the vet after a couple of days with it not getting any better the vet explained that you want to dry it out and not keep any moist wetness in the fold as it will cause inflammation. Hope this helps and your doggie gets better soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I find for my dog that a 3 step process works best.
1) Wet a cosmetic pad and apply Curaseb shampoo ( or similar ) to the pad, rub into fold and let sit for a few minutes
2) Rinse out the fold with another wet cosmetic pad
3) Dry out the fold with a dry cosmetic pad

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
I think the medicated wipes without drying might do it.
Maybe a vet isn't necessary, see if it gets better. Hair loss so it'll take a while but at least see if irritation goes down

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I think the medicated wipes without drying might do it.
Maybe a vet isn't necessary, see if it gets better. Hair loss so it'll take a while but at least see if irritation goes down

Desitin (apply with q-tip in the fold)

ColleenOJ

Feb 16, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hampton and Gigi
My pup has been experiencing this for the first time and Desitin has helped

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I would dry it out for the next couple of days. If it gets worse go to the vet. If its bleeding I would probably talk to the vet also.

If you use desitin be careful of getting it in the eye. By the way the same thing can happen with the tail pocket so make sure that is clean.

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
I use a baby wipe (Hypoallergenic) on Nelly's eyes and face folds every morning. We also only give her filtered water (Brita). The water I think made the biggest difference. Her face folds are pure white and they were rusty. Desitin when they have a rare flare-up, usually only after she's boarded. Last time the kennel told me if I bring bottled water they'd give her that. Spoiled. Hope it heals quickly.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Desitin would be the best at this point IMO... I would clean it first w/a baby wipe, wipe it dry w/a clean soft cloth and add the Desitin.

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
Thanks all will update !

OP
T

Thed163

Nov 2, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pablo
So the redness is gone. It doesn't look infected at all. The hair loss is still pretty bad but I guess that will take a bit too come back. Just keep it clean at this point or use the cream still?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
l wouldnt use Desitin cream every day if the problem has cleared up. Just the medicated wipes, or regular hypoallergenic wipes then dry. If you notice some redness you can go back on the Desitin.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.