Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Agh! I have eye drops for Orion, but she is SUCH a pickle. I almost have to sit on her and strangle her to get it done. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to make this easier? On me and her?

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Did you try distracting her with a toy or treat??? Silva is pretty easy and would lay there when I would put her eye lubricant in. Good luck!!

L

Lucy-licious

It takes 2 with Lucy, one to pin her and practically sit on her head whilst the other puts the gel in.
So I will be interested to hear wot others do too :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I am sorry Cutty has never minded so much when I do eye drops or ear drops. Not an immediate fix but do you give something really special as a snack after? If you did that I bet she would love getting drops in her eyes eventually, maybe.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh boy, good luck with that, I think it would most certainly take two people to do. Vegas B still runs from his face wiping even though it has been routine every night for over year.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Okay, when you find the answer, let me know. Abby has been diagnosed with dry eye and needs drops 2xday. So far two of us, one to keep her head still and one to open her eye for the drop to go in.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Takes both of us for HRH too. Mostly because when I have tried alone she pulls away JUST as the drops fall, and then they don't get in the eye.

gizmo49ers

Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco, Roxy, Nico, Tank
Hi there, my bullies don't have dry eyes, but I did help a friend with his bully with medicine for the eyes after surgery. I didn't have any problems with her, I think she felt my calmness and that I was helping her. Good luck to you on this.

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
This is definitely so hard. It's recently gotten easier with Chunk - I am not sure exactly why. I kinda trick him ... When he's all comfy laying down I sneak up and sit down like normal, kinda corner him and get them in as fast as I can. I can finally do it just me - but definitely easier with a second person! Good luck!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online