Advice when bringing home from soft palate , entropy and , nears surgery

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I got word last night that Hank did beautifully with his surgeries . Vet says he's a great little dog . Of course he is :-) anyway, I'm anxiously waiting to pick him up today, but would love love love any information on what to do for him to make him as comfortable as can be.. I'm guessing no chew toys should be around , no jumping off of furniture etc. , but anything you know that can help my boy I'd sure appreciate it..thanking God for good outcome :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
He should be worn out from his surgery, and I'm sure he will be on soft foods for awhile. Both of mine had it done, and honestly I didn't have to restrict them too much... Willow was vomiting from anesthesia so be aware that may happen, but everything else went smoothly.

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
I got word last night that Hank did beautifully with his surgeries . Vet says he's a great little dog . Of course he is :-) anyway, I'm anxiously waiting to pick him up today, but would love love love any information on what to do for him to make him as comfortable as can be.. I'm guessing no chew toys should be around , no jumping off of furniture etc. , but anything you know that can help my boy I'd sure appreciate it..thanking God for good outcome :)

Back in the 90's, our Vickie had soft palate surgery. She slept a lot and if I recall they had me give her her regular kibble softened with water. She did recover well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thank you both :) He's on honest kitchen and I even put that through my magic bullet so no lumps at all ;) I think he's going to hate the 'cone' most of all (for his entropian) <~~~ I think I spell that different each time I write it ;/ thanks again :) ohhhhhhhhhhh, about how long do they take before going out?? play??

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Can't wait to hear Hank is home safe and sound!! Hugs and healthy wishes from Joey and I

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Anhd thank you for that... I just talked to vet and all is well... I think I'm more shakie today than I was taking him in!!! tht responsibility of keeping him quiet etc scares the heck outta me....
Can't wait to hear Hank is home safe and sound!! Hugs and healthy wishes from Joey and I

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Anhd thank you for that... I just talked to vet and all is well... I think I'm more shakie today than I was taking him in!!! tht responsibility of keeping him quiet etc scares the heck outta me....

You got this!!!! When can you pick him up?

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We have been through 4 entropion surgeries with our boy and though its a struggle it usually is ok.And yes the cone is hard on them and their parents.We like the blow up cones that you can use a collar with.We tried the regular cone and it throws off their senses I think,he ran into us and everything else.lol Prayers for a speedy recovery

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So good to hear it all went well.... he will probably sleep most of the first day/night back. get the soft cone to help make it easier on you all. And , you got the food part covered!!

Good luck... pictures and keep us posted

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thank you guys :) We're home but before we left he puked on their floor.. oops, but I was glad it was there as they told me he may (from the anesthetic) and It may have blood,,, it did, so they got to check that out too ;) He slept with the Vet last night and all went well so hoping for another good night for him. He is sleepie, but also hungry.. I gave him only a portion (twice so far) of food to see if he would hold it.. He has and seems to be resting comfortably.. He wanted out so 'we' went out back with a leash, but he heard something and got riled so in we came... NONE oF THAT YET son... I am very surprised that he doesn't have a cone!!! I may go get one 'incase' but not till I know he is going to stay quiet if left alone. ... Vet said that the third day is their worst for swelling... sooooooooooo, I'm guessing that today is day two if he got surgery yesterday? I remember our friend who lost theirs on the third day... Has me so sad, and cautious. I don't know what id do without yu guys!!!! I am a woman of faith so I rely on that, but so good to hear of others experiences :) Thanks so much.... Little punkin is sleeping peacefully ..... at least for now.... :) Oh, should I allow him the normal amt at dinner feeding if all goes well the rest of the day???

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] I am continuing to pray for Hank, please keep updating here.

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
How is Hank? Joey and I were out of town the weekend and I can't find any updates. Good weekend? Is he eating well? Sorry if posted somewhere else......

Sue and Joey

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Hi And hope you are out of town for a fun weekend :-) Hank is doing really well although last night I could hear him snoring a bit and he was a bit restless before going to bed.. I haven't left his side nor his mine.. I was extremely happy with his healing as of yesterday, I'm just slightly concerned today. The vet did say that the third and fourth day are odly likely to be more swelling so I'm hoping that is all that is going on.. I will continue to keep a close eye and hand him :-) thank you for asking :-)

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=16280]Hankster[/MENTION] It was a really FUN trip for both Joey and I :) She is a wonderful traveler for sure. SO HAPPY to hear that Hank is doing well. I hope today goes smoothly and NOT the worse day. Hugs For Hank....yes please continue to update :)

Sharon Mitchel

Sep 5, 2013
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charley, a 5 year old male
thank you both :) He's on honest kitchen and I even put that through my magic bullet so no lumps at all ;) I think he's going to hate the 'cone' most of all (for his entropian) <~~~ I think I spell that different each time I write it ;/ thanks again :) ohhhhhhhhhhh, about how long do they take before going out?? play??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions