Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Hello everyone! I just need to vent about the experience with the vet... I took my 9 week old pup to the regular practice I go to, but to a different doctor. As soon as she got in the room she was basically scolding me on how the breeding of bulldogs is inhumaine. Then she said Europe is trying to ban the breeding of them. She said they are "walking disasters." Then I said he is on royal canin from the Breeder and I am going to switch him since the food is awful. She said royal canin is great and her dogs are on it! Then she began to talk about nutrition and how corn is fine for animals and by products are good too because if dogs are in the wild they will be eating all the other parts of an animal. So after all the bashing I heard from her she then ended the conversation with, you better start a savings account now for this dog..... what a disaster!! I was a vet tech for 10 years before becoming a mom and I just played dumb... I couldn't believe everything she was saying!! Yes I am new to the breed ( I always had pomeranians.). I am well aware of health issues they can have, which is why I did my best to find a reputable Breeder. Sorry for the long post!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:yell::cursing::censored:

needless to say... you will make sure to NEVER have an appointment with that so called "vet " again! What an @$$!

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
Ohhh I forgot to mention this!!! According to her he is only going to live for 5 years!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
all of the above!!!!!! I would like to say I would have given her 'what for' but I probably would have walked out crying... I
happened upon this breed as my so always wanted and against my better judgement, well, I walked in and there he was............ The best thi9ng that ever happened to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are the sweetest clownish loving's hearts that bring so much joy... I do hope they start breeding for better health but we are all doing our best to promote that. I LOVE this breed!! And I DONT like that vet!!!!!!!!!!! what a bummer piece of crap!!! I'm so glad you came here to vent ! you have a beautiful babie, enjoy! and find a bulldog vet that loves them too!!! I was so scarred at first knowing of the chances,,,,,,,,,,, She would have sent me to the loonie bin!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
What a negative person and negative experience you had. She shouldn't be a vet. Thankfully there are some good vets out there, and I hope your regular vet is better. Go with your instincts regarding the food, Royal Canin is not considered a good food, and there are much better choices. Please post some pictures of your new baby, we'd love to see them.

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
I couldn't believe anyone would even say any of this stuff! She never once said oh he's cute or anything like that. Just looked at him in disgust! I am slowly switching him to Fromm. Here are a couple pics of him. IMG_1488.JPG
2bef33f101c980eef4dcebba24310ce4.jpg

76958b88ffc948a34562add760b36136.jpg

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I couldn't believe anyone would even say any of this stuff! She never once said oh he's cute or anything like that. Just looked at him in disgust! I am slowly switching him to Fromm. Here are a couple pics of him. View attachment 104277
2bef33f101c980eef4dcebba24310ce4.jpg

76958b88ffc948a34562add760b36136.jpg

:welcome3: Im in LOVE, you baby is Beautiful!!:loveeyes::loveeyes: So Glad you are here, there is list of Bulldog Vets here on the site, see if one of them is close to you

OMG!! I have some words for that Vet and none of them are Happy Birthday!!:censored::cursing::nonono::stinkeye:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a precious baby and needless to say I know you are now looking for a new vet where are you located and we can give you some recommendations [emoji3]

Also she can take that " they only live to 5 yrs & shove it" my baby boy just turned 11 and is healthy as beast [emoji1]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I'm still po'ed but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh my goodness she had to be blind and stupid!! how could anyone, even if they don't like bullys, not just melt over that boy of yurs!!!! gorgeous!!! and I'm still mad at her!!!!

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
What a precious baby and needless to say I know you are now looking for a new vet where are you located and we can give you some recommendations [emoji3]

Also she can take that " they only live to 5 yrs & shove it" my baby boy just turned 11 and is healthy as beast [emoji1]

Right!! my momma's bully turns 9 this year, and just her 1st "cold" this year/and last year had an eye Ulcer, but till then HEALTHY!!

OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
I know several bulldogs that are over 10 years old! This lady must not have ever seen a bulldog in he career !

raining bulldogs

Apr 12, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
L and S
I had similar experiences when I brought my 2 bulldogs (who are sisters) into 3 separate vets when they were puppies. It was one of those things where I kind of just went with it during the appointment and then afterward realized how unprofessional and unhelpful it was for each of the vets to lecture me in that way.

I still haven't found a vet in my area that's not vocally disapproving of the bulldog breed in general, but at least the one I settled on is the vet for bulldogs from the local rescue group and is therefore very familiar with the breed.

Wanted to add that those pics of your bulldog puppy are absolutely lovely! He's sooo adorable!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I know several bulldogs that er 10 years old! This lady must not have ever seen a bulldog in he career !

LADY???? You're way too nice! Sh*t like that should never happen. She must of been sleeping in vet class or "manners" class. Idiots like that, you need to put them in their place immediately so they come down a few notches with their ego and walk out! No one should ever be treated like that! RC is crap and we all know that. Good job on getting you dog off of it! Like mentioned above someone can guide you to better vets in your area. BTW, beautiful puppy there!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Your baby is gorgeous and I think you should make a complaint to the clinic about her behavior. They should never just get away with such customer service. They are totally left without work if there were no bullys...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.