ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walk or shall I say RUN away...

Vets are supposed to care for ALL animals, not just the breeds that they personally like. Opinions are fine, but that is NOT what you came in there for...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
You were very strong not to give that Vet what she deserved right then and there...I would have cut her off at the knees.
I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply no cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

Additionally, you might mention that the Vet never offered any diagnosis of your puppy that would bolster her position that she would live only 5 years.
Did that Vet say your bully had entropion, cherry eye, pulmonic valve stenosis, enlarged soft palate, demodectic mange, hip or elbow dysplasia, luxating patella, etc?

We all know that bulldogs are more likely to have some medical issues come up as they age, but we address those issues when the time comes and we keep on loving our babies. Those like that Vet(and thankfully, they are few) will never get to experience that love and companionship...they're missing out.

Last edited:
OP
Snoboardchk911

Snoboardchk911

Feb 16, 2017
Pennsylvania
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel and Bentley
You were very strong not to give that Vet what she deserved right then and there...I would have cut her off at the knees.
I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply now cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

Additionally, you might mention that the Vet never offered any diagnosis of your puppy that would bolster her position that she would live only 5 years.
Did that Vet say your bully had entropion, cherry eye, pulmonic valve stenosis, enlarged soft palate, demodectic mange, hip or elbow dysplasia, luxating patella, etc?

We all know that bulldogs are more likely to have some medical issues come up as they age, but we address those issues when the time comes and we keep on loving our babies. Those like that Vet(and thankfully, they a few) will never get to experience that love and companionship...they're missing out.

The best part about this is there is not one thing wrong with the dog. Not a single health issue. She is just stereotyping the breed. Obviously she has a problem with the breed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=16869]Snoboardchk911[/MENTION] You have a beautiful pup! That vet should be banished from practice. My vet has his own Frenchies and English,and people come from quite a distance to him-he loves bullies! No matter what her opinion is,she was seeing a patient,and needs to learn manners! Please tell us where she is located,so all will be SURE NOT to go there! Sorry this happened to you!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Oh my goodness, he is adorable!! How dare that vet treat you like that, what an idiot. She has no business being a vet!! Ive worked in a vet clinic for over 10 years and have never seen a vet treat a client or puppy that way.

And by the way, my Dually is 8 years old and in perfect health!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Diesel is a Beauty, So Handsome. That So called vet is an Idiot, she is really ignorant. She needs to be fired from the Veterinarian Practice, she is supposed to Love All Animals.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply no cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

We all know that bulldogs are more likely to have some medical issues come up as they age, but we address those issues when the time comes and we keep on loving our babies. Those like that Vet(and thankfully, they a few) will never get to experience that love and companionship...they're missing out.

BANG ON DEAR!

Sh*t like that never happens to me. Must be the vibration that comes out of me and I scare them in advance hahahaha....:nonono:

Hstead

Nov 14, 2012
Ironton OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Spielman (RIP) Bolt
I would have made some kind of remark about how her parents should have thought twice before breeding and walked out flipping her the bird. I would not have paid for the visit either. That is pathetic.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well life goes on and we move on. To a better vet that is :2thumbs:

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Wow! Your baby is beautiful. And what monster can resist an EB puppy?!? I have 3 vets offices in town that I go to. 1, for grooming- they love them and are always excited to see them. 2- reg vet for check-ups / shots (reasonably priced and nice vets)- the receptionist is usually the one with the comments. "Well, they're Bulldogs". [emoji35] lastly, #3- surgery doc! Regular visits are pricier but he absolutely lushes over them when I bring either one in. He's also the only one that gives out his personal cell # and responds to ANY and ALL concerns, day, night and weekends. Ultimately he's my fav and who I take them too for "emergency" the stuff. He also told me that out of all the EB's he sees, mine are "The best looking EB's he's come across."

As mentioned above, I would also write a letter to the owner, but I'd also interview other offices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KassyRN

Feb 19, 2017
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
When I took cash to his first vet appt a woman told me that bulldogs are ugly and she would never own one. I felt like someone just told me one of my kids is ugly! Who does that? I told her the stuff that comes out of the back end of my "ugly" bulldog means more to me than her opinion....(not really, but I wanted to say that to her). I just acted like I didn't hear her and loved on my cash even more.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Hello everyone! I just need to vent about the experience with the vet... I took my 9 week old pup to the regular practice I go to, but to a different doctor. As soon as she got in the room she was basically scolding me on how the breeding of bulldogs is inhumaine. Then she said Europe is trying to ban the breeding of them. She said they are "walking disasters." Then I said he is on royal canin from the Breeder and I am going to switch him since the food is awful. She said royal canin is great and her dogs are on it! Then she began to talk about nutrition and how corn is fine for animals and by products are good too because if dogs are in the wild they will be eating all the other parts of an animal. So after all the bashing I heard from her she then ended the conversation with, you better start a savings account now for this dog..... what a disaster!! I was a vet tech for 10 years before becoming a mom and I just played dumb... I couldn't believe everything she was saying!! Yes I am new to the breed ( I always had pomeranians.). I am well aware of health issues they can have, which is why I did my best to find a reputable Breeder. Sorry for the long post!

WHOA You are amazing , I was not built to take that crap from anyone , who owns that office they would sure be getting a letter from Me , after they scraped her up off the floor when i was finished with her , I am curious what did they charge you for the abuse ?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME?!

Send a detailed letter to the editor of the newspaper so that vet practice loses business and ALL bulldog (and other dog) owners are aware of what a quack that vet is!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.