Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad vet experience with new puppy

Wow! Your baby is beautiful. And what monster can resist an EB puppy?!? I have 3 vets offices in town that I go to. 1, for grooming- they love them and are always excited to see them. 2- reg vet for check-ups / shots (reasonably priced and nice vets)- the receptionist is usually the one with the comments. "Well, they're Bulldogs". lastly, #3- surgery doc! Regular visits are pricier but he absolutely lushes over them when I bring either one in. He's also the only one that gives out his personal cell # and responds to ANY and ALL concerns, day, night and weekends. Ultimately he's my fav and who I take them too for "emergency" the stuff. He also told me that out of all the EB's he sees, mine are "The best looking EB's he's come across."

As mentioned above, I would also write a letter to the owner, but I'd also interview other offices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Potty Trainer
    Country
    Us
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cash
    Likes (Received)

When I took cash to his first vet appt a woman told me that bulldogs are ugly and she would never own one. I felt like someone just told me one of my kids is ugly! Who does that? I told her the stuff that comes out of the back end of my "ugly" bulldog means more to me than her opinion....(not really, but I wanted to say that to her). I just acted like I didn't hear her and loved on my cash even more.

Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    Hello everyone! I just need to vent about the experience with the vet... I took my 9 week old pup to the regular practice I go to, but to a different doctor. As soon as she got in the room she was basically scolding me on how the breeding of bulldogs is inhumaine. Then she said Europe is trying to ban the breeding of them. She said they are "walking disasters." Then I said he is on royal canin from the Breeder and I am going to switch him since the food is awful. She said royal canin is great and her dogs are on it! Then she began to talk about nutrition and how corn is fine for animals and by products are good too because if dogs are in the wild they will be eating all the other parts of an animal. So after all the bashing I heard from her she then ended the conversation with, you better start a savings account now for this dog..... what a disaster!! I was a vet tech for 10 years before becoming a mom and I just played dumb... I couldn't believe everything she was saying!! Yes I am new to the breed ( I always had pomeranians.). I am well aware of health issues they can have, which is why I did my best to find a reputable Breeder. Sorry for the long post!
    WHOA You are amazing , I was not built to take that crap from anyone , who owns that office they would sure be getting a letter from Me , after they scraped her up off the floor when i was finished with her , I am curious what did they charge you for the abuse ?
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

Dog Hoarder Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    Ohhh I forgot to mention this!!! According to her he is only going to live for 5 years!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Diva passed at 12 years old tell her that from Me , Chance passed 10 years Tell her I have a excellent VET !!
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

7. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

ARE YOU ***** KIDDING ME?!

Send a detailed letter to the editor of the newspaper so that vet practice loses business and ALL bulldog (and other dog) owners are aware of what a quack that vet is!

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads