Thread: Bad vet experience with new puppy

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    L and S
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad vet experience with new puppy

I had similar experiences when I brought my 2 bulldogs (who are sisters) into 3 separate vets when they were puppies. It was one of those things where I kind of just went with it during the appointment and then afterward realized how unprofessional and unhelpful it was for each of the vets to lecture me in that way.

I still haven't found a vet in my area that's not vocally disapproving of the bulldog breed in general, but at least the one I settled on is the vet for bulldogs from the local rescue group and is therefore very familiar with the breed.

Wanted to add that those pics of your bulldog puppy are absolutely lovely! He's sooo adorable!

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Snoboardchk911 View Post
    I know several bulldogs that er 10 years old! This lady must not have ever seen a bulldog in he career !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LADY???? You're way too nice! Sh*t like that should never happen. She must of been sleeping in vet class or "manners" class. Idiots like that, you need to put them in their place immediately so they come down a few notches with their ego and walk out! No one should ever be treated like that! RC is crap and we all know that. Good job on getting you dog off of it! Like mentioned above someone can guide you to better vets in your area. BTW, beautiful puppy there!!!

4. Likes oscarmayer, Manydogs, Mmaker liked this post
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Your baby is gorgeous and I think you should make a complaint to the clinic about her behavior. They should never just get away with such customer service. They are totally left without work if there were no bullys...

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Walk or shall I say RUN away...

Vets are supposed to care for ALL animals, not just the breeds that they personally like. Opinions are fine, but that is NOT what you came in there for...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

7. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

You were very strong not to give that Vet what she deserved right then and there...I would have cut her off at the knees.
    I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply no cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

Additionally, you might mention that the Vet never offered any diagnosis of your puppy that would bolster her position that she would live only 5 years.
    Did that Vet say your bully had entropion, cherry eye, pulmonic valve stenosis, enlarged soft palate, demodectic mange, hip or elbow dysplasia, luxating patella, etc?

We all know that bulldogs are more likely to have some medical issues come up as they age, but we address those issues when the time comes and we keep on loving our babies. Those like that Vet(and thankfully, they a few) will never get to experience that love and companionship...they're missing out.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

9. Likes Manydogs, NewEnglandBully liked this post
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    You were very strong not to give that Vet what she deserved right then and there...I would have cut her off at the knees.
    I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply now cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

Additionally, you might mention that the Vet never offered any diagnosis of your puppy that would bolster her position that she would live only 5 years.
    Did that Vet say your bully had entropion, cherry eye, pulmonic valve stenosis, enlarged soft palate, demodectic mange, hip or elbow dysplasia, luxating patella, etc?

We all know that bulldogs are more likely to have some medical issues come up as they age, but we address those issues when the time comes and we keep on loving our babies. Those like that Vet(and thankfully, they a few) will never get to experience that love and companionship...they're missing out.
    The best part about this is there is not one thing wrong with the dog. Not a single health issue. She is just stereotyping the breed. Obviously she has a problem with the breed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes 1Chumly liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Snoboardchk911 You have a beautiful pup! That vet should be banished from practice. My vet has his own Frenchies and English,and people come from quite a distance to him-he loves bullies! No matter what her opinion is,she was seeing a patient,and needs to learn manners! Please tell us where she is located,so all will be SURE NOT to go there! Sorry this happened to you!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

13. Likes oscarmayer liked this post
    Real Name
    Buffy
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dually
    Likes (Received)

Oh my goodness, he is adorable!! How dare that vet treat you like that, what an idiot. She has no business being a vet!! Ive worked in a vet clinic for over 10 years and have never seen a vet treat a client or puppy that way.

And by the way, my Dually is 8 years old and in perfect health!!

15. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Send a letter to the head of the practice. Where do you live........here is a list of vets: English Bulldog News Forums - English Bulldog News Recommended English Bulldog Veterinarians

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Diesel is a Beauty, So Handsome. That So called vet is an Idiot, she is really ignorant. She needs to be fired from the Veterinarian Practice, she is supposed to Love All Animals.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    I recommend that you write a letter to the owner of the practice and describe in detail the events as they unfolded. If your puppy is really as bad as that Vet indicated, then by treating you so poorly and running you off as a potential client, she just cost her boss a huge amount of $$$ that you would have had to spend keeping your bulldog as healthy as possible. Do NOT tell the owner that you are never going to return and you may get a reply...an apologetic reply. How you proceed from there will be determined by the content of the reply. Either way, if that Vet worked for me she'd have been taken down a few notches. There's simply no cause for arrogant behavior like that. By writing that letter you'd be doing future Bulldog owners that visit that clinic a huge favor.

BANG ON DEAR!

Sh*t like that never happens to me. Must be the vibration that comes out of me and I scare them in advance hahahaha....

19. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Spielman
    Likes (Received)

I would have made some kind of remark about how her parents should have thought twice before breeding and walked out flipping her the bird. I would not have paid for the visit either. That is pathetic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads