Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canelo Is Getting Old, Thoughts??

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Canelo Is Getting Old, Thoughts??

Not sure which is funnier.... the bird cage raid of the Oreo cookie 'look'..... he is a hoot!

Could it be allergies? Lambeau (and my girl Banks) just wants to sleep all day when his allergies are acting up.... those few warm days we had - he just wanted to be in bed... he is only 2 yrs old
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Canelospeeps View Post
    I'm guilty of sharing my food with him. I have trouble refusing the face. For example I gave him some egg and sausage this morning. We have to keep an eye on him too because he has raided the pantry, see what he helped himself to? And he decided once he wanted crumbs from Venus so he turned her cage over.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hate to be the boot camp lady but if you're going to give only one cup of dog food which is not a lot and human food and yet he goes for cookies n all, there's your problem. Cute face ir not, you have got to stop the human junk food and give 2 cups of dog food per day. BTW what kind of dog food? When my kids were young I use to put then safety hatches. Put some in the pantry or where he can access food. Eventually he's going to think....aint opening that door as it doesn't open......another example is oreo cookies, worst cookie for addiction. That cookie has the highest sugar content than any other cookies. Seems now the government wants to look into oreos for health wise. That will not help Mr C's allergies for sure. Like the old saying which is so true, "you are what you eat".

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Default Canelo Is Getting Old, Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Hate to be the boot camp lady but if you're going to give only one cup of dog food which is not a lot and human food and yet he goes for cookies n all, there's your problem. Cute face ir not, you have got to stop the human junk food and give 2 cups of dog food per day. BTW what kind of dog food? When my kids were young I use to put then safety hatches. Put some in the pantry or where he can access food. Eventually he's going to think....aint opening that door as it doesn't open......another example is oreo cookies, worst cookie for addiction. That cookie has the highest sugar content than any other cookies. Seems now the government wants to look into oreos for health wise. That will not help Mr C's allergies for sure. Like the old saying which is so true, "you are what you eat".
    I had to take a few days before replying because yes I was offended. We post but we don't give 100% of information and we can only reply to what is provided in the posts. I pamper and take care of of my Boy.

Food, after you pointed out the sodium levels of Zignature foods last year, I put him back on Fromm's Beef Frittata.

Per my Vet's plan, we have been following his recommendations for feeding which is under 3 cups. Nelo doesn't get human food every day and when he does it's protein only. Example, he didn't receive human food over the last four days.

Pantry is closed and locked. It's been this way for years but family leave things out and leave the pantry door open by accident.

Oreos were a pantry dive before we locked the pantry, we don't feed our pets chocolate or a ton of reprocessed foods. We don't keep Oreos, it was a one off.

"Mr. C's" allergies have been under control for over a year!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I think you are doing a great job with Canelo-if something doesn't feel right to you,as you know him best,then take him to the vet. Do as Jessica does with Ty,and have bloodwork done. I know you want him around FOREVER-but let him enjoy life,too! A treat once in awhile won't change things one way or another You are his Mom and you know him best. The thing that I know,is that he makes me laugh!!! Love him! @Canelospeeps
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    I think you are doing a great job with Canelo-if something doesn't feel right to you,as you know him best,then take him to the vet. Do as Jessica does with Ty,and have bloodwork done. I know you want him around FOREVER-but let him enjoy life,too! A treat once in awhile won't change things one way or another You are his Mom and you know him best. The thing that I know,is that he makes me laugh!!! Love him! @Canelospeeps
    Thank you.

7. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Canelospeeps View Post
    I had to take a few days before replying because yes I was offended. We post but we don't give 100% of information and we can only reply to what is provided in the posts. I pamper and take care of of my Boy.

Food, after you pointed out the sodium levels of Zignature foods last year, I put him back on Fromm's Beef Frittata.

Per my Vet's plan, we have been following his recommendations for feeding which is under 3 cups. Nelo doesn't get human food every day and when he does it's protein only. Example, he didn't receive human food over the last four days.

Pantry is closed and locked. It's been this way for years but family leave things out and leave the pantry door open by accident.

Oreos were a pantry dive before we locked the pantry, we don't feed our pets chocolate or a ton of reprocessed foods. We don't keep Oreos, it was a one off.

"Mr. C's" allergies have been under control for over a year!!!

Sorry if I offended you, but I never mentioned anything about sodium, that was someone else which made sense.. You stated that you give your dog human food like sausage. I believe any member that puts up a thread and ask questions and want advice, you can either take the advice or not or take it with a grain of salt. We know you take great care of your dog, but you said hes on the chubby side. We and yes "I" are just replying to your thread. Any dog or pet, don't have to be yours either that's chunky, well to lose weight they need to watch food intake. Just like humans. At the end of the day, it's your decision as it's your dog and not ours. We're just here to help each other as the EBN is all about that....helping one another.

9. Likes Canelospeeps, 2BullyMama, Saalwi liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Canelo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Sorry if I offended you, but I never mentioned anything about sodium, that was someone else which made sense.. You stated that you give your dog human food like sausage. I believe any member that puts up a thread and ask questions and want advice, you can either take the advice or not or take it with a grain of salt. We know you take great care of your dog, but you said hes on the chubby side. We and yes "I" are just replying to your thread. Any dog or pet, don't have to be yours either that's chunky, well to lose weight they need to watch food intake. Just like humans. At the end of the day, it's your decision as it's your dog and not ours. We're just here to help each other as the EBN is all about that....helping one another.
    Chunky is a fat man. My choice, NO. IT IS WHAT IT IS. I will love him and do what I can for him.

11. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads