Anybody else have really stinky farts on Grandma Lucy's?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
So we are in the process of switching over to Grandma Lucy's turkey. He kept throwing up the Acana because they were so dense and he wanted to zoom.

The plan is to do a combo of this and add another low ingredient kibble after a month.

I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this food and the dog farts are worse and super smelly. They are so bad we are thinking of kicking him out of the bed at night. If it keeps up I'm not sure if this food will be a keeper.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
That's right, blame the dog.

Not familiar with Gma's.

and...what does this mean? "they were so dense and he wanted to zoom."

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
kinda funny ;) but,,,, havnt tried this food (been thinking about it) but i 'think' that with change of food, this often happens with some. I give Hank the fermented sourKraut and mostly!!!!!!!!!!!! he doesnt do 'that' lol We use the Kindly, and preference, (adding our own protien) and sometimes the honest kitchen with the turkey IN it as well. There are still times when he can give us the desire to 'boot' him out of the room, (his dad likes to sneak him weird stuff as well and we sometimes pay for that!!! ) I know that thats a great food, and mabie just adjustment time??? and theres the pro and pre biotics that help.... applecider vinegar w/the mother, pumpkin.... ummmm let me see, thats just off the top of my head..

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
That's right, blame the dog.

Not familiar with Gma's.

and...what does this mean? "they were so dense and he wanted to zoom."

Acana has larger kibble with lots of protein content so they digest slowly. So the size along with protein content made them stay longer in his stomach. He has a tendency to run around after he eats. So the kibble in his stomach and exercise made him throw up.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I see. Yes, the Acana is hard, dense and large. That's what we feed our guys. I wish it were smaller. Pippy gobbles her food and has twice choked on the Acana so we use a slow feed bowl. Some may recommend probiotics for the stinkyfarts.
Have you considered feeding 3 times a day and smaller portions so Fezzik's stomach is not so full?

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I see. Yes, the Acana is hard, dense and large. That's what we feed our guys. I wish it were smaller. Pippy gobbles her food and has twice choked on the Acana so we use a slow feed bowl. Some may recommend probiotics for the stinkyfarts.
Have you considered feeding 3 times a day and smaller portions so Fezzik's stomach is not so full?

We have actually broken his feedings into 3-4 times a day as it helps time his bowel movements. He hates going potty in winter.

The smaller feeding of Acana didn't work. Neither did soaking. So although he did well skin wise the throwing up wasn't good for him.

I'm going to wait a week before adding other things in. It could be his digestive transition especially from a dry to a wet food. He is just so smelly and likes to sit on me so you can imagine how that goes

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm going to wait a week before adding other things in. It could be his digestive transition especially from a dry to a wet food. He is just so smelly and likes to sit on me so you can imagine how that goes

I was going to suggest this ^^^ wait about 2 weeks

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
So we are in the process of switching over to Grandma Lucy's turkey. He kept throwing up the Acana because they were so dense and he wanted to zoom.

The plan is to do a combo of this and add another low ingredient kibble after a month.

I wanted to know if anyone else has tried this food and the dog farts are worse and super smelly. They are so bad we are thinking of kicking him out of the bed at night. If it keeps up I'm not sure if this food will be a keeper.

Oh Kim you're being a farty pooper with the farts. Farts are funny. But I know where you are coming from. Have you tried a probiotic by chance?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
And as [MENTION=6311]Vikinggirl[/MENTION] reminds us that boys fart and girls "fluff." But I'm sorry Vikinggirl...my Jewel farts too. Some with noise and some without. And when Bentley and Jewel are laying next to each other...I can tell which one farted because Jewel always gives me a look. I tell her it is better out than in little girl.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Have you tried Earthborn Holistic? That worked for my crew at one time...

TBH... OMG I BUSTED up laughing at the title of this thread :rofl: I thought this was something that Jim started... LMAO!!! [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION]

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Oh Kim you're being a farty pooper with the farts. Farts are funny. But I know where you are coming from. Have you tried a probiotic by chance?

Farts and poops are very important for bulldog health.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Have you tried Earthborn Holistic? That worked for my crew at one time...

TBH... OMG I BUSTED up laughing at the title of this thread :rofl: I thought this was something that Jim started... LMAO!!! @Chumley

Earthborn Holisitc is great as far as handling the fart situation. If I add anything extra though they both let go all night. So bad I'd rather sleep next to an open cesspool !

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Just curious if there is one good premix that is better than the others for people wanting to add their own protein? eg. Grandma Lucys vs Home Kitchen vs Sojos vs Urban Wolf vs Balance IT vs Fresh + Oasis Canine vs Dr. Harvey's vs Know Better Dog Food.

My dog has continued to lick her paws despite switching amongst multiple dog foods and I'm thinking of home cooking the protein and adding to one of these premixes.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

I personally have never eaten Grandma Lucy's. But let me tell you...hard boiled eggs and Brussels spouts render me socially unacceptable...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
oh boy you sound like me... ;) Always looking for the "best"... but! I 'think' that the best is whats best for your pup as far as what they can and cant eat within these brands... We are super happy with Kindly and preference (honest kitchen) but still would like to add Sojo's and possibly Grandma lucys as well. Hank is doing BEAUTIFULLY on the honest kitchen though so wont change up for a while. We usually add turkey (would love to use chicken as it is cheaper) but only give him that occasionally as so many say their bullies don't do so well with it. I've added bison and beef, and even lamb and he has done great with each... I'll be watching this post though... Always love to hear others opinions :)

QUOTE=Dollys Owner;692569]Just curious if there is one good premix that is better than the others for people wanting to add their own protein? eg. Grandma Lucys vs Home Kitchen vs Sojos vs Urban Wolf vs Balance IT vs Fresh + Oasis Canine vs Dr. Harvey's vs Know Better Dog Food.

My dog has continued to lick her paws despite switching amongst multiple dog foods and I'm thinking of home cooking the protein and adding to one of these premixes.[/QUOTE]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.