Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Bulldog is very destructive.

Bulldog Vet in Training
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Bulldog is very destructive.

Didn't realize that Greenies and rawhide were such a sensitive topic on this forum LOL. I was trying to suggest products that are not so hard that they will crack dogs back teeth. I got the information from a vets website, I didn't save the website information. Quite a few vet dental surgeons say that bones and horns and hard nylabones are not safe for dogs that chew hard.
    1)Where do you get your information from that Greenies Grain free are so terrible- Here is the ingredient list:
    Dried chickpeas, gelatin, glycerin, powdered cellulose, dried potato, water, lecithin, potato protein, natural poultry flavor, minerals (dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, magnesium amino acid chelate, zinc amino acid chelate, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate, manganese amino acid chelate, potassium iodide), choline chloride, dried apple pomace, fruit juice color, vitamins ( dl-alpha tocopherol acetate [source of vitamin E], vitamin B12 supplement, d-calcium pantothenate [vitamin B5], niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement [vitamin B2], vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], thiamine mononitrate [vitamin B1], folic acid), turmeric color.

2) With respect to C.E.T. rawhide, I wouldn't feed it to my dog since I don't want to have to supervise her while chewing it so that she doesn't swallow it. I would just give my dog C.E.T. Veggiedent chews, or some other VOHC recommended chews which aren't rawhid.. Veggiedent chews ingredients are as follows (not grain free) :
    Corn starch, glycerin, soy bean protein, rice flour, palatable agent, sorbitol, corn cob, water, potassium sorbate.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My Bulldog is very destructive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollys Owner View Post
    Didn't realize that Greenies and rawhide were such a sensitive topic on this forum LOL. I was trying to suggest products that are not so hard that they will crack dogs back teeth. I got the information from a vets website, I didn't save the website information. Quite a few vet dental surgeons say that bones and horns and hard nylabones are not safe for dogs that chew hard.
    1)Where do you get your information from that Greenies Grain free are so terrible- Here is the ingredient list:
    Dried chickpeas, gelatin, glycerin, powdered cellulose, dried potato, water, lecithin, potato protein, natural poultry flavor, minerals (dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, magnesium amino acid chelate, zinc amino acid chelate, iron amino acid chelate, copper amino acid chelate, manganese amino acid chelate, potassium iodide), choline chloride, dried apple pomace, fruit juice color, vitamins ( dl-alpha tocopherol acetate [source of vitamin E], vitamin B12 supplement, d-calcium pantothenate [vitamin B5], niacin supplement, vitamin A supplement, riboflavin supplement [vitamin B2], vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, pyridoxine hydrochloride [vitamin B6], thiamine mononitrate [vitamin B1], folic acid), turmeric color.

2) With respect to C.E.T. rawhide, I wouldn't feed it to my dog since I don't want to have to supervise her while chewing it so that she doesn't swallow it. I would just give my dog C.E.T. Veggiedent chews, or some other VOHC recommended chews which aren't rawhid.. Veggiedent chews ingredients are as follows (not grain free) :
    Corn starch, glycerin, soy bean protein, rice flour, palatable agent, sorbitol, corn cob, water, potassium sorbate.
    Please dont feel bad as you saw no one's are great fan of that stuff. I know of a vet said never give rawhide as it forms a ball in tbe stomach which most of the time cannot be digested and the dog ends up in surgery. Why risk and chance it. not worth it.

3. Likes 2BullyMama, oscarmayer, Manydogs liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads