Stye (?) In Bulldog's Eye

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
This stye appeared in my Apollo's eye this week. Have been dealing with chin acne, a possible skin infection and now this. He's never had one and I am not sure what to do. He does tend, before the stye even appeared, to mush/rub his face in his bed, our rug, and even the porch as if he's scratching at his face or itchy. Has anyone else seen a stye in their EB's eye? Thanks in advance for all of your advice. I like to take good care of my baby and like to correct things I see right away. Hopefully, the pics below come out right.
20170222_172719.jpg20170222_172717.jpg20170222_172652.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It should go away in a few days, if it doesn't, then a trip to the vet, but they usually go away on their own.

OP
BullyBoston

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
It should go away in a few days, if it doesn't, then a trip to the vet, but they usually go away on their own.
Hi David: ok, thanks so much!!! My husband started putting a hot compress on his eye since yesterday and he says it's gone down a little. I'm hoping it does go away completely!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=15331]BullyBoston[/MENTION]
I'm dealing with similar issues - my Tyson rubs his face on our bed & couch so its caused to eye to get irritated (outside) - I sent the pic to my vet, and she gave me this ointment. Also said to do benadryl :) Hope it clears up on its own... but just in case!

Eye1.jpgEye2.jpgEye3.jpg

OP
BullyBoston

BullyBoston

Jan 14, 2016
Boston
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Apollo
[MENTION=15331]BullyBoston[/MENTION]
I'm dealing with similar issues - my Tyson rubs his face on our bed & couch so its caused to eye to get irritated (outside) - I sent the pic to my vet, and she gave me this ointment. Also said to do benadryl :) Hope it clears up on its own... but just in case!

View attachment 104135View attachment 104136View attachment 104137
Thanks so much [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]!! I will see about the ointment. He's already on Benadryl for his allergies....I do think it's going down slowly but surely!! [emoji4]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks so much @TyTysmom!! I will see about the ointment. He's already on Benadryl for his allergies....I do think it's going down slowly but surely!! [emoji4]

I will say this, Tyson has done this his whole life (rubbing his face on things, lol) and the irritation usually always goes away on its own. This time though it got bad, so I sent in pic :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Hope Ty's eye is better!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.