What do you use to clean your dog bowls?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I had an epiphany that maybe some of Fezzik's allergies are due to the soap I use to clean his bowls. So I wanted to try something more natural. What do you use to clean out bowls? I use stainless steel ones.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I had an epiphany that maybe some of Fezzik's allergies are due to the soap I use to clean his bowls. So I wanted to try something more natural. What do you use to clean out bowls? I use stainless steel ones.

Hi Kim, I also use stainless steel bowls, and after their breakfast, I use a piece of Papertowel and dish soap and wipe out the bowls, then rinse and dry them with a clean dry piece of Papertowel. After they have their dinner, I rinse out the bowls and then put them in the dishwasher.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Dawn cleans stainless steel perfectly. Rinse rinse rinse.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I use dish detergent rinse well and dry or put in dishwasher I also use stainless steel bowls

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Dawn with warm /hot as I can stand water... once a week in the dishwasher for a good cleaning

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I do the same... dawn and the dishwasher.

You could dry white vinegar and hot water, just make sure to rinse it out...

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Dawn all the way! If its good to clean our little ducks full of black, sticky oil, good for everything. Being in the food industry, I only use dawn so it removes grease in my kitchen pipes. Good stuff! I said kitchen! :w00t:

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Dawn is awesome. We use it on our greasy bullies, like Zoey. It cuts the grease off her quicklike. And it rinses away leaving nothing

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I,too use Dawn. Mine have old pyrex glass dishes!If you ever get fleas,dawn will get them,too! It won't prevent fleas-but it will sure get 'em off!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.