Lately, we've been playing indoor fetch with Lala...

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
She got a "Half ball" for Christmas and she takes it everywhere. When she wants to play fetch she sets it down at our feet(always flat side down) and waits for us to kick it. Then she runs after it and brings it back for another round. She'll do this 10-15 times before taking a break. It's funny. We did not train her to play this game like this...she trained us!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Lala is adorable... we have been playing inside fetch w/my two, then it turns into tug-of-war :facepalm2:

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Love it, she's awesome :D
Reggie hasn't got the hang of fetch yet. We can throw something once and then he thinks its time for tug of war. Letting go of things is a real issue for him.
Might have to look for one of those half balls though, they look cool. [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] is it durable? Wondering if it will stand up to a heavy chewer lol

OP
oscarmayer

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
L...is it durable? Wondering if it will stand up to a heavy chewer lol

It's fairly thick rubber, similar to a Kong. Lala isn't a real heavy chewer. She will, on occasion, chew a squeaker out of a toy but she'd rather play fetch and chase her ball than lay down and chew it. When she tuckered out from chasing she lays down with the ball inches from her nose.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
She got a "Half ball" for Christmas and she takes it everywhere. When she wants to play fetch she sets it down at our feet(always flat side down) and waits for us to kick it. Then she runs after it and brings it back for another round. She'll do this 10-15 times before taking a break. It's funny. We did not train her to play this game like this...she trained us!

Cute, Daphne will case a ball or whatever, but then she doesn't want to give it up. She wants a tug of war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Cute, Daphne will case a ball or whatever, but then she doesn't want to give it up. She wants a tug of war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats exactly the same as our Reg. He has soooo much power for tug of war, my arms ache after a minute or two. I'd much rather stand still for a while & chuck the ball a few times......but sadly he's just not into that ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOVE IT!!! She is so freakin cute, love the freckled ear -- so, so smart.

I have to try and video Lambeau, he does a similar thing with his orange tennis ball.... drops it at our feet and waits for us to pick it up and throw it... rinse repeat for about 20 -30 mins,

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.