Guk in eyes

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So I learned something today. Will be going to bed smarter or less stupid. HA!

Nyala lately been getting a tiny bit of guk in her eyes. She's on Honest Kitchen But i add beef which she never had or eats on regular basis, very rare, except marrow bones. Went to get her another box of HK and the manager of the pet store asked me how Nyala was on her first box. Told her she loves it but has a bit of guk lately. Not much I told her and thought it might be the beef. Lady in her 60's very well educated in managing pet stores for decades asked if Nyala had a bed with ceder inside. Yes the one I got her at Costco. She said before removing the beef, remove the bed as ceder affect eyes, ears n can create rashes. She said it's also a big issue with rabbits. So, I washed Nyala's bed cover but left it downstairs and replace her bed thats ceder free in the living room. So now we wait. Ahhhhhh.... beef or ceder, beef or ceder, beef or ceder. Da big question. And I'm sooo not good in "waiting." [emoji99] [emoji42]

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well? how was she today?

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Oh goodness''' like you, I wanna know NOW! So do let us know :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Well? how was she today?

Bunch of Eager Beavers! Im on the west side of Canada and I do work! Lol So........Today she didn't have them little blob In each eye but more like broken down. Less for sure. Will see tomorrow. She doesn't really use the bed much just when she eats her bones, bananas or any snack I give her as she knows she cant eat on the sofa so she'll go on that bed. She has 3 more meals to go with beef. Since the age of 5 months, ive been trying to introduce her to one different protein. Since she started on the right "paws" as we say, I know as a fact she does great wth turkey, lamb and pork or beef organs. Right now her acne is driving me crazy. Ive used my own little potions of essential oils but that you have to be careful cause oils n acne is a iffy combination. I use oxy pad, witch hazel, clean her after each meal n throughout the day. Dry her agin after her drinking water or plays outside in the snow.*:bang::bang::bang:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Bunch of Eager Beavers! Im on the west side of Canada and I do work! Lol So........Today she didn't have them little blob In each eye but more like broken down. Less for sure. Will see tomorrow. She doesn't really use the bed much just when she eats her bones, bananas or any snack I give her as she knows she cant eat on the sofa so she'll go on that bed. She has 3 more meals to go with beef. Since the age of 5 months, ive been trying to introduce her to one different protein. Since she started on the right "paws" as we say, I know as a fact she does great wth turkey, lamb and pork or beef organs. Right now her acne is driving me crazy. Ive used my own little potions of essential oils but that you have to be careful cause oils n acne is a iffy combination. I use oxy pad, witch hazel, clean her after each meal n throughout the day. Dry her agin after her drinking water or plays outside in the snow.*:bang::bang::bang:

Yep! Eager beavers :) too bad you're not an old retired Lady… Such as me! Who has time to sit around and bug others for answers:) ANYWAY, I hope all goes well with the food.. we go along here where all is well so I figure that's how it will stay, but all through this year of his life things pop up here and there that have to be figured out. I'm still thinking of having both preference and kindly rotating… That's after I try kindly as well for a week or so with turkey as I know he does well with turkey. Mostly for him, I think the only thing he's reacted to was a strawberry. And I'm not even positive. He was young and I was obsessive. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Yep! Eager beavers :) too bad you're not an old retired Lady… Such as me! Who has time to sit around and bug others for answers:) ANYWAY, I hope all goes well with the food.. we go along here where all is well so I figure that's how it will stay, but all through this year of his life things pop up here and there that have to be figured out. I'm still thinking of having both preference and kindly rotating… That's after I try kindly as well for a week or so with turkey as I know he does well with turkey. Mostly for him, I think the only thing he's reacted to was a strawberry. And I'm not even positive. He was young and I was obsessive. We shall see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont see anything wrong with you switching HK different flavours. I would personally switch once a month so it gives enough time if there's a reaction on little Hank. Takes a good month for something to pop out. Like that you'll know what H can or cant have. I started Nyala very young on home cooking so her immune system builds up. Topping her food once in awhile with organs or top her food with real home made broth boiled for 6 hrs, probiotics, marrow bones, raw (very seldom) vitamins etc etc. Knock on wood she's doing great, tons of energy and always on the go. Yes she gets little issues like acne or tail pocket but that's to be expected in dog issues. I dont expect for her to be immune to the world either. Well who is today...... So long she's a little happy camper and wants to do stuff all the time, im fine with that. So yes, like you, I believe to switch foods so long it's healthy and it works for them!!!!. The more variety they get use to the more the immune system stays strong.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I dont see anything wrong with you switching HK different flavours. I would personally switch once a month so it gives enough time if there's a reaction on little Hank. Takes a good month for something to pop out. Like that you'll know what H can or cant have. I started Nyala very young on home cooking so her immune system builds up. Topping her food once in awhile with organs or top her food with real home made broth boiled for 6 hrs, probiotics, marrow bones, raw (very seldom) vitamins etc etc. Knock on wood she's doing great, tons of energy and always on the go. Yes she gets little issues like acne or tail pocket but that's to be expected in dog issues. I dont expect for her to be immune to the world either. Well who is today...... So long she's a little happy camper and wants to do stuff all the time, im fine with that. So yes, like you, I believe to switch foods so long it's healthy and it works for them!!!!. The more variety they get use to the more the immune system stays strong.

I'm with ya :) I started with about month each switch and now, his system seems to do well with switches, We still feed some raw (premade stuff) and each switch seems fine.... I will do the 'month' thing on the kindly... Hasn't had it before so we shall see. Thanks for all your input :)

OP
helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm with ya :) I started with about month each switch and now, his system seems to do well with switches, We still feed some raw (premade stuff) and each switch seems fine.... I will do the 'month' thing on the kindly... Hasn't had it before so we shall see. Thanks for all your input :)

Btw, I saw on my phone H is getting palate surgery? Im on my tablet now and cant see the post. Don't ask! Lol

You mentioned you want to blend his food more smoothly? HK is already soft or as we say mushed up. I wouldn't worry if you're only feeding him HK.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.