ok, water bowls... im going crazy

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So, first I got stainless steal,,, then glass, then pyrex, then stainless steal.......... and now, well, I guess I shouldn't give him anything but pond water as EVERYTHING it seems has something wrong with it.. Gotta be made in usa, certain thickness......on and on and on,,,,,,, I could have killed him I guess as I used my vintage pyrex for a few days before I found that could leach something.. WHATS A MOTHER TO DO?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can drive myself (and anyone around me) crazy with my 'reading up' on stuff, but we all want to do right by our kido's sooooooooo??????????????? answers??? anyone have the perfect stainless steal certified to be perfect??? or???? AND,,, though I feed out of glass or stainless steal, I'm not as concerned as the food goes in and out so much faster.. The water goes a whole day

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ms Ellie uses a regular Stainless Steel bowl from the doggie store, and since had some potty troubles, she is also treated to having Bottled water...

Is Hank needing a Special Bowl??

Yes - TOO much Reading up will stir up the crazy, I DOOOO it all the time

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
We use Kong stainless bowls for water. I use a maze bowl for food. I agree that too much research will make you go crazy lol.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use Stainless Steel Bowls for their food and kibble, and we rinse them out and dry them after their breakfast, and then they go in the dishwasher after their dinner. We use a pet water cooler that has a filter.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use stainless bowls as well and filtered water for the water bowl as we have very hard water where i live and water straight out of the tap gives Harlea the itchies.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
thank you people..... I will calm the readings, and continue with stainless steal.. He doesn't have any problems , just tooooooooooo much digging for "the right thing" ! ;) thanks again!!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We also use stainless steel, and filtered water. @Chunky White just recently purchased a new one, copper maybe? Maybe he can fill you in on his reviews :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh yeah, so easy to overthink, obsess & worry concerning bulldog issues.

Stainless steel is usual a great choice and I rinse out after breakfast then
rinse after supper too, usually put in dishwasher every other day.

We are all waiting to see if [MENTION=14678]Chunky White[/MENTION] new copper water bowl resists
sticky slime buildup as advertised.

You are good parent, relax, have fun & enjoy your bully!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky White has a CuBowl which is copper and supposed to resist slime in the bottom of it. It does better than stainless did with the drool being in the bowl after rinsing but there is still backwash in the bowl which look like it has some drool in it. Chunky does drink more out of it than he did the stainless bowl but he gets 75% of his daily water out of a stainless bowl because i put water in his food bowl. The CuBowl can not be used for food just water

Chunky gets filtered water from the refrigerator which is actually good here.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Chunky White has a CuBowl which is copper and supposed to resist slime in the bottom of it. It does better than stainless did with the drool being in the bowl after rinsing but there is still backwash in the bowl which look like it has some drool in it. Chunky does drink more out of it than he did the stainless bowl but he gets 75% of his daily water out of a stainless bowl because i put water in his food bowl. The CuBowl can not be used for food just water

Chunky gets filtered water from the refrigerator which is actually good here.

Great review, thank you :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
have always used stainless for water... no issues

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
We use stainless bowls for water and ceramic bowls for food, no problems.

OP
Hankster

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks again :) calmed the obsess ;)

4WHLN

"Hit me baby one more time!"
Dec 4, 2011
Baton Rouge, La
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Dooley Bulldogs
Stainless with rubber bottom for both and I have not had any issues with either. Dooley on the other hand will disagree completely as he would state the food bowl doesn't stay full long enough. :lol:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.