Bulldog development? Personal experience?

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
So Bluebelle is almost 9 months (19th)

All of a sudden she seems like a small bulldog. not sure her weight but just seeing other bulldogs she seems very petite.

So just curious for those who have had bulldogs since puppyhood when did they reach their full size? Maybe she still has a big growth spurt left? Also- females, when did they have their first cycle. She hasn't gotten hers. Thanks!

She is doing well. She's a snuggly little thing. Sleeps between my legs every night :)

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
Well Reggie is only just 6 months old, so can't answer about the full size question yet.
He last weighed in at 17kgs at 23 weeks old, so we're thinking he's gonna be a big boy, although I know that may slow down. He has steadily gained about 1kg a week since we got him at 8 weeks old.

I keep asking the vet to make sure he's not overweight but she says he is fine. He has a nice defined waist, tummy tucks up like it should. he is just quite tall, and VERY muscular at the chest and his shoulders are massive!

How much does Bluebelle weigh?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
They are not totally finished maturing until they are about three years old. They come in all sizes! Some breeders might call her a "mini". Ha!ha! My two were a year old when they were spayed,hadn't come in heat! Most females can come in heat anywhere from six months on up. @Florasaurus

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
this is an interesting thread. Daphne is six months old and weighs 27lbs. She will be seven months next week. Her breeder said she "should be small like her mother, 40lbs or so. We shall see.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Ellie is 15 Months, and long and lean, tiny waist and bigger chest and hip and Hiney, and Teeters around 40lbs most times a little less. Her face a filled out a bit, but she still looks puppyish to me, but I'm sure she will fill out eventually

She had her 1st heat Cycle at just about 11mos exactly, and Vet recommended Spaying 3mos following, so everything would have a chance to get back to normal, but before she another cycle.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes. They tend to grow up the first year, out the second year with the head reaching full size maturity at around 3 years. My Harlea will be 4 in a few months and she hovers between 38 and 40 lbs.

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
this is an interesting thread. Daphne is six months old and weighs 27lbs. She will be seven months next week. Her breeder said she "should be small like her mother, 40lbs or so. We shall see.

Wow! So Reggie is almost a month younger than Daphne and weighs 10lbs more. Looks like we will have a big boy on our hands! [MENTION=16690]Daphne DuMaurier[/MENTION] We'll have to keep comparing as they are so close in age - will be very interesting to see where they both finish up :)

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
578d5139d714923d78fe83d55af8338f.jpg
bf1d13806bfea580c0a509da3be54896.jpg

These are from today, and she also hovers between 38-40lbs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She is so tiny to me!!! :) Especially compared to my big oh boy. I know girls are always smaller than boys though. Tyson is broad, and a solid 74lbs!

photo 12.JPG

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
So good to hear from you :) So happty that she's working out and a lovie one :) I have the same questions as you so this is a fun thread. My hank Is just hit one year and is 50 lbs... he was 40lbs at 8 months and don't have his 9 month written down :(

So Bluebelle is almost 9 months (19th)

All of a sudden she seems like a small bulldog. not sure her weight but just seeing other bulldogs she seems very petite.

So just curious for those who have had bulldogs since puppyhood when did they reach their full size? Maybe she still has a big growth spurt left? Also- females, when did they have their first cycle. She hasn't gotten hers. Thanks!

She is doing well. She's a snuggly little thing. Sleeps between my legs every night :)

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Chunky was 65lbs the last time I weighed him and he seems to be taller and longer than other bulldogs I have seen.

OP
Florasaurus

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
Thanks for all the replies. I will have to see if I can get her weighed soon. I might try to step on the scale and then step on with her lol.

My other dogs were already adults and then Flora was only 4 months so this is the first time going through the whole process. She seems perfectly healthy (and certainly loves to eat!! Lol) so I'm not concerned in that way but more curious I guess :)

OP
Florasaurus

Florasaurus

May 16, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bluebelle
This is her currently (that's a mini soccer ball)
IMG_6425.JPG

IMG_6192.JPG

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.