Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
IMG_8347.JPG
Why oh why does Lucy chew on the fireplace??

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Is she young and teething? If not she is sharpening those teeth-to greet an intruder!

OP
Lycilizzy

Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Lucy just turned one Year in January. This isn't the first time she has done this. I just find it to strange!

bulliebullybull

Sep 9, 2016
South west Pennsylvania
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Bully's chew, could get into the long reason why but let's just for now say they need to. They especially love rawhide. Find the best kind our cheap ones at Walmart round rolls about six inches long. Max works on new one till it's shredded into pieces. Throw pieces away cause he will gag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Bully's chew, could get into the long reason why but let's just for now say they need to. They especially love rawhide. Find the best kind our cheap ones at Walmart round rolls about six inches long. Max works on new one till it's shredded into pieces. Throw pieces away cause he will gag.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEEEEVERRRRR give rawhide to ANY dog!!! I know a few vets they say themselves they do surgery to remove the rawhide that forms in a ball and it wont digest. Give your dog marrow bones.
[MENTION=16460]Lycilizzy[/MENTION] often animals will chew or lick bricks, cement cause of the salt/minerals...lack of minerals. Try giving raw marrow bones. If lucy doesn't touch any other furniture, chairs, sofa but just the brick, I would say more of a lack of mineral. Marrow is full of good minerals and she will stop with the bricks. Watch her teeth so she doesn't ruin them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lucy just turned one Year in January. This isn't the first time she has done this. I just find it to strange!

She may be bored and the fireplace is there--- get some raw marrow bones antlers. Stat away from rawhides and cooked bones-- they are not good for dogs.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
She may be bored and the fireplace is there--- get some raw marrow bones antlers. Stat away from rawhides and cooked bones-- they are not good for dogs.

I still like my NEEEEVERRRRR hahaha

OP
Lycilizzy

Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Thanks. So I discovered that BOTH of her bones were down in the basement!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Take it from someone that knows Stay away from RAWHIDE they will choke to death on it !
Antlers not cheap but will last for ever !

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Why oh why does Lucy chew on the fireplace??

Is the fireplace made of stone? Can it be that she has some kind of craving for whatever the bricks contain?! Does she chew on other stones or on the furniture?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.