A Terrible Story on Local News

rayneman

Feb 23, 2015
Rocky River, Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I am fit to be tied. We caught a story on the news last night about some horrible individual who shot a dog that had wandered on to his property. We are talking about an area that's pretty rural, and these people all have a lot of land. As horrifying as it would be for ANY dog to be shot, in the story it turns out to be an English Bulldog. This is just heartbreaking. The dog was shot twice, and though they rushed him to the hospital he had to be put down as one of the bullets severed his spinal cord.

The only justice here is that there is a new law in Ohio called "Goddard's Law." You'd have to be local to know this, but Dick Goddard is a beloved weatherman for a local TV station. He's retired, but had been forecasting for an incredible number of years. He also dedicated much of his life to animal rights, and hosted a weekly show on his station where he brought in stray dogs and cats who were immediately adopted before each show was over. Finally, he fought to have a law enacted that provided stiffer penalties for animal abuse (specifically pets). Recently this was put into law and allowed these abusing bastards to be charged with a felony as well as getting prison time and higher fines. I hope they give this dog shooter the max on everything.

We see violence and utter insanity every day on the news, but this hits hard. We all know the sweet dispositions of our bulldogs, how could anyone look at one and possibly think to harm it? :censored:

Man will be first in Geauga County to be charged under Goddard’s Law after dog shot twice | fox8.com

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Shoot first and ask questions later... How awful. I hope he doesn't get off with just a slap on the wrist.

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
Thats awful!! My heart breaks for that family and for that poor bully baby!! I sure hope he gets jail time for what he did!

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
That is too sad. As an English bulldog owner I know that these dogs are absolutely sweet hearts. But I will admit that people look at my zeus and assume he is vicious. Zeus does get a little territorial sometimes when me and the kids are here and someone knocks on the door. I've question wether maybe that person is not a good person because I feel like dogs pick up on these things. he doesn't do it to everyone. He's never bitten anyone but he had intimidated some. My fear is for him getting out and scaring someone to the point that they could hurt him. With that man having a lot of land I will assume that he was being malicious .

Funny story below for others traumatizing for me:
I've been attacked twice as a teen and I get really scared my dogs that aren't mine. My husband laughs at me because we were riding our bikes and these two chihuahuas ran out of their garage and they might of sensed I was nervous. Yes of the two chihuahuas. Well they chased me for about two blocks. I was speeding past everyone on my bike and was worried about the rest of my family so the dogs reached a point that they turned around and went home. I was really nervous headed back towards the spot where it all happened cause of my family and I'm such a great mother. Anywho my family is riding their bikes like nothing. And I'm like did the dogs attack you guys too. "No " did they even bark at y'all "no". Wtf really.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank

Funny story below for others traumatizing for me:
I've been attacked twice as a teen and I get really scared my dogs that aren't mine. My husband laughs at me because we were riding our bikes and these two chihuahuas ran out of their garage and they might of sensed I was nervous. Yes of the two chihuahuas. Well they chased me for about two blocks. I was speeding past everyone on my bike and was worried about the rest of my family so the dogs reached a point that they turned around and went home. I was really nervous headed back towards the spot where it all happened cause of my family and I'm such a great mother. Anywho my family is riding their bikes like nothing. And I'm like did the dogs attack you guys too. "No " did they even bark at y'all "no". Wtf really.

This really made me laugh!~ I mean,,, "the good mother that you are" ;) It really hit a funny bone with me :) I have peddled so hard and fast with tears of fear running from my eyes and I too am an animal lover... Something about being chased!!! And as for the 'article', it is so sad. In no way would I ok it but I can say that when I had my own ranch, and a wonderful ranch dog, I woke up one morning to that same dog standing over my dead goat drooling with a scarry look on his face. I would not have harmed him even if I KNEW he had done it, but I did rehome as I couldn't chance it. People 'in the woods' get protective is all I can ho9pe to think of what happened.. Poor baby, and poor family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Fear Chihuahuas! One day was speaking to two police officers,as I was walking my two dobermans. They loved the dogs, and then started tell their experiences with dogs. They have been bitten more by Chi's than any other breed! My son has 3,and one hates me! Only dog I ever knew that didn't like me-hurts my feelings:pouting:

As for the guy who shot the bulldog-hope he rots in HELL!:evil:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
infuriating and heartbreaking... :(

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
If it's the same one someone posted the news video he definitely didn't seem threatened. He said he thought it was a cat. And the dog was 55lbs all white. Also I believe a scopes was used and he shot him from a distance twice. Poor pup and family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
I shared this too. I can't understand it's so unbelievable. Disgusting and the laws aren't stiff enough!

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Using a scope he could tell what he was shooting without any doubt. At 50 yards there is absolutely no way he didn't know even if he didn't use a scope.

The guy who shot the dog should be glad he has neighbors who won't retaliate with violence and I hope he gets the maximum punishment

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I read the same thing about the scope and distance, also that the dog wasn't even on his property! He said he was shooting at what he thought was a cat because it had left muddy footprints on his porch. He sounds unstable to me and I would not like to be living next door to him. I really hope they throw the book at him.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
This idiot who shot this Bulldog needs to be shot as well. Some humans make me sick.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.