Worst purchase ever!!!

TheLost

Dec 28, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly & Kevin (aka Chunky)
For Christmas my wife bought our daughter an "Electric Heated Plush Throw".. and its destroying my life!!

A few weeks ago the daughter left the blanket on the couch still turned on. Molly, who for some reason is allowed on the couch while Kevin is not, walked across the blanket and INSTANTLY fell over asleep on it.

She hasn't moved since! From 7am - 11pm that dog is sleeping (SNORING) on that damn blanket. My wife and kids think it's cute so they keep turning the blanket on for her. It's like a drug to her, She could be playing/jumping/trotting along but the instant she hits that heated blanket she falls on her face asleep.

What makes it the worst purchase ever?!? The time between 11pm - 7am.. She's been sleeping so much during the day that she is up-all-night. And when she's up all night Kevin is up all night. The dogs playing 'Doggy-Destruction' (running around the house, barking/chasing each other, knocking things over) is cute during the day... not at 3am.

I haven't had a solid night sleep in weeks.

I've tried to hide the heated blanket... but my wife and daughter keep finding it and putting it out for her. (They dont have to go to work at 6am each morning!).

My new plan (insert evil hand rubbing emoji here) is to take a lighter to the blanket and burn a small hole it it. I'll make it look like it caught fire.

"Oh No!" i'll say.. "This blanket isn't safe".. "We must put it in the trash immediately".

Wish me luck!! I need to get those dogs back on a normal schedule so i can sleep!

(i posted this picture in another thread... but here is Molly snuggled up in that damn blanket!)
molly2017.jpg

asherose

May 17, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Sargeant & Dutchie the Boston Terrier
I'm no help...I'm with Molly! I have a heated blanket and it puts me to sleep in seconds! They're life changing!!! :babysleep:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, I "used to" have one, until a dog chewed the cord. That put the kabash on mine! No animals were injured in this sentence-but I had a hard time getting to sleep after that. I understand,Molly,I understand.... [MENTION=3952]TheLost[/MENTION] Keep one eye open,Molly-just sayin.:unsure:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I bet Molly is comfy all day while daddy is uncomfortable all night.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Take it away during the day, and give it back to her at night :) Problem solved.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I wish you luck and I hope you can execute your plan flawlessly. Good Luck.

P.S. Sorry your life is hell right now. --rj

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Your plan may be flawed. Wife may opt to send it in for warranty repair and must buy another whilst the original is in the shop. Soon you will have 2 blankets.

Easiest solution is to switch to working graveyard shift. Everybody wins!

You are certainly welcome...always willing to help.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
:ROFL2:

Agree w/Chip, your wife and/or daughter will probably go out and get another one, that's what I would do.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Your plan may be flawed. Wife may opt to send it in for warranty repair and must buy another whilst the original is in the shop. Soon you will have 2 blankets.

Easiest solution is to switch to working graveyard shift. Everybody wins!

You are certainly welcome...always willing to help.

ONLY YOU! :lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl::lmaogirl:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I can only imagine...and I sympathize!

I got a new, plushy throw for Christmas and the minute Cami lay on it, well, you know
what happened...it's now hers and yes, so soft it puts her to sleep immediately. And it's
non heated!

A friend dropped by just two days ago and was loving on her Divashipness...Oh, I see Cami
got a new blankie for Christmas!

I just snickered...it's a Bully's world, there is no winning the battles, take the graveyard shift!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I got a new plush blanket that is faux fur on one side, sherpa on the other... it's off white so I reminded everyone that the dogs are not allowed on it. WELL Ms. Willow LOVES that blanket and when I pull it out SHE has to lay right beside me taking up the whole damn thing. I'm like you, I give up... Lol

BodiesMom

Feb 18, 2014
Eastern NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bodie
I completely understand your dilemma, but I wouldn't be able to take it away from her...I would be so sad thinking about how upset Molly would be without her blankie...lol

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:evil: .... disconnect the heating element... they will not know it isn't working unless they go to use it, but Molly can't tell them.... 'hey, yo.. heat is not on'.

Hope something works for you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.