Shedding

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I noticed last night after Chaos' bath that he is shedding horribly!!! He has been on fromm for about 3 weeks and I never really noticed it before. Its probably normal, I don't know but its pretty bad. I had to bathe him again today because he was mad since we were gone longer than usual and decided to pee on himself, and again lots and lots of hair. He still looks to have a healthy coat, no spots or baldness, just curious if there is any shampoos, etc that can help keep shedding to a minimum. He is a dog and he will shed I know, heck I may need to start vacuuming him like the pic I seen on another post :p

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Silva doesnt shed that much but she has been on Fromm since Dec. I also try to brush her everyday or other day! I think you have to be on the food for 6-8 weeks to see the results!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Daily brushing will control the shedding to at least happen MOSTLY when your brushing.

Wild salmon oil or coconut oil are supposed to help too. We just got coconut oil at the store today to add to HRH's dinner.

We did buy a shampoo that was touted to help decrease shedding, but I can't say that I noticed any improvement when we used it.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie and Daddy seems to shed about the same amount most times of the year .... when it gets warmer I usually brush Maggie outside but she doesn't really like it. It will be our first year with Daddy so I'll start brushing him this spring/summer.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
butler was shedding really bad, so i started feeding butler coconut oil. we buy ours at sprouts and it's actually on sale right now. make sure it is extra virgin. i absolutely love and recommend coconut oil. it looks like this (or similar)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i started using a shed control shampoo at around the same time, so i am not sure who is to thank for butler's decreased shedding, but i love the shampoo either way! it is sold at walmart and it looks like this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] gets an excellent shampoo from her vet that has cut vegas's shedding by 90% she'd have to tell you what it's called though, i forgot.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We got Coconut oil at Walmart yesterday the the same area as vitamins are located. 12 ounces for 10 bucks.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Weeeeeeeeeeell, shedding is usually a vitamin D deficientcy (sunlight). You can take your bulldog on more walks and get some sunlight. Or invest in a sun lamp or you can make them docile and give them their vitamin D by giving them melatonin. Anyways........here in Cincinnati they got a new company advertising a lot on the radio about how their product cures shedding, yeast infections, etc.etc. and they give you a website to go to.
dinovite.com - Satisfaction 100% Guaranteed!
Weeeeeeeeell, after adventuring to their website.....and reading that this stuff costs $73.00...for a large dog treatment.........I'm wondering if anybody has ever tried Dinovite and is it as good as they claim.........or is this a scam?

Last edited:

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] we got 32 oz for 18.99! if you have sprouts or a natural food market try there, or if your walmart price matches bring them an ad for cheaper coconut oil. it's not a crazy price difference, but it is a few bucks.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
the lady that does my hair she told me about this thing they do at petsmart. its like a de shedding thing and takes about 3 hrs she says it lasts about 3 weeks but helps ALOT with shedding, just not sure what they do exactly.

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Extra virgin coconut oil? Is that like immaculate conception coconut oil? Orrrrrrrrrr..... like the term just a little pregnant coconut oil?:lol:
Anyways........yesterday while I was on my soapbox..........I forgot to mention that I went to our local Tractor Supply Store (40 miles away cheez!):whew: and bought a horses curry comb to brush down Duke with. It's all plastic and fits in the palm of your hand. It really collects all the loose hair from Duke's coat. I think it cost a whole $3.00 (not including gas). Duke loves it.:up: curry comb.jpg

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online