Buying and shipping

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Are you talking about buying a pup from a dealer? For me that already would be big NO. That's just business from the breeders and the dealers point of view. Dealers are just agents for puppy farms.

Here's some advice from the UK Kennel club.

Where NOT to buy a dog - Puppy farms, puppy dealers and pet shops

In the states it's just probably ten fold.

If I'm not mistaken, she's referring to pet transport companies. If i understood it right.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I drove around 8 hours round trip to get Chunky after finding him on ebayclassifieds. All the good local breeders that I knew from when I bought my first bulldog have moved on to different breeds of gave it up. I asked a lot of questions and looked the guy up before driving to get him but I knew when I seen the pictures in the ad for him that if he was still available I would get him.

I don't even want to talk about the kind of people breeding English Bulldogs around here now.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I bought my American bulldog from Alabama had her shipped on a plane. Did a lot of checking sent a certified check and all was well picked her up at the airport a few days later.

Well then, I guess you are one of the lucky ones. Unfortunately for me, I have the luck of a pig.

Most Reactions