osiris20025

Feb 9, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
What could this be ? Food allergies ? So Achilles tummy, jaw, chest and in between his legs has some red marks and spots. Doesn't cause him any pain or any real discomfort that I have noticed. Not sick or change in attitude, he's still super happy and full of energy. I just don't know what this could be. Allergies ? In the pics it looks like he has bumps but he doesn't, it's the color of his skin. I'm currently feeding him 4 star grain free Fromm Beef IMG_0395.JPGIMG_0397.JPGIMG_0399.JPGIMG_0404.JPGIMG_0403.JPG

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
To me this looks like seasonal, environmental and/or food allergies.
You can give him an epsom salt bath with an ACV diluted rinse to help relieve it if it gets itchy…you can also add ACV to his food or water daily (a capful).

Some recommend benadryl and/or gold bond powder to help. If you want to do the allergy testing to find out if it's diet related, that will help narrow down ingredients - environmental is a bugger and not too much you can do.

From the pictures posted, it doesn't look severe…Bass' skin will turn pink when he gets over excited, I think it has something to do w/his blood pressure…at the vets office, his temp goes up because he's so worked up w/other dogs etc… His skin will get pink and he'll be hot to the touch. His nose and eyes run too when he's hyper/excited/emotional. Pay extra attention on his nose rope, between his paws and in his ears…Have you tried another Fromm flavor? You may want to consider Pork and Peas (give it at least two months) and keep a food journal.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It could be food allergies. Have you tried a different formula of Fromm food? While you figure out a possible food or seasonal allergy issue you can clean up tear staining quickly with Tylan Powder sprinkled on food once a day. Use about 1/8 teaspoon until brown staining is gone.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks more like an environmental allergy.... anything change in the house -- detergent or cleaner?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.