Have you ever scared/suprised you bully? What happened?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
OK so crazy....this morning I was heading to bedroom from bathroom, Joey was on the bed, awake but resting, half way sitting up. She usually stays in bed until I'm done getting ready for the day. Anyhow since she was "up" I thought I would pat her head as I passed the bed, I did that and she lurched back, jumped, I made a noise cause it scared me, then I remembered I had a shower cap on my head (do not judge, no shampoo day). She felt so bad that she scared me and I felt bad too, she got off the bed and came and sat at my feet just gazing up as if to say "Mom.....sorry" of course I told her it's ok and that I was sorry too.........

Any other "Sorry that I scared you" stories? Would LOVE to hear :)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh how funny... my guys freak out about any facial changes or hats. One time I had on this facial mask, and I thought Wally was going to lose it... :laugh:He starts a barking marathon, and then realizes OH it's mom... and then returns like nothing happened.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Sue...you in your shower cap is like me wearing my red speedo and prancing around. No that's frightening!

Now Bentley will go off and start barking his head off because he has a Type A personality and is very OCD. Jewel on the other hand will just blow it off because she is a Type B personality.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
I've had right many instances where I scared my bullies. The one that comes to mind most was with Smedley. I was crawling around on the carpeted floor looking for a piece of pool table chalk. It fell off the table and bounced under the table amongst a bunch of boxes. Upon finding the chalk I knelt and turned to get up and right in my face was Smedley. Not sure how he got up into the Pool Room, but he was not allowed up there. I said to him, "You know you're not supposed to be up here. You better get back downstairs." He didn't move...he just looked at me. "Go on, get outa here!" I pointed at him with my finger and firmly said "GO!" Right at that moment with my finger about 3/4" from his nose a BRIGHT BLUE Spark(arc) of static leapt from my finger to his nose with a surprisingly loud "pop". He YELPED and took off downstairs. It scared the crap out of both of us. He avoided me for about an hour after that. I felt bad for him...but it was funny, really funny.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Well Sue...you in your shower cap is like me wearing my red speedo and prancing around. No that's frightening!

Now Bentley will go off and start barking his head off because he has a Type A personality and is very OCD. Jewel on the other hand will just blow it off because she is a Type B personality.

OMG I'm STILL laughing!!!!! :yikes:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] HYSTERICAL.....and OUCH !

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] OMG right? So funny when they realize...."Oh it's you Mom" "Sorry" Like you can see it on their faces :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] ET go home? In your case " get out?"

Nyala sometimes lays on the sofa. And I just washed her blankets and put a fresh one down. She was laying there and I pet her and sparked her! She took off like a torpedo on her bed.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson was dead asleep one night in his bed, in our bedroom. I had stayed up late watching a show.... hubby had already gone to bed. I was trying to polite, and slowly tip toe into the room afterwards. All the lights were already off, big mistake. Since he was asleep, as soon as I got near his bed, he went full attack mode, up growling and almost lunging towards me. No biting bc I yelled "IT'S MEEEEEEEE, IT'S MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" once he realized it was me, he just gave me this sideways look and laid right back down in his bed. Hey I learned 2 things that night. Don't be polite, now if I'm coming into the room when I know he's already in bed, I make every noise possible and turn on lights, LOL. And 2 I learned that if anyone ever did try to sneak in our room while we were sleeping, beware! LOL

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Lessons to live by FOR SURE!! Oh, and......GOOD BOY TY TY :)

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse was sitting looking out the fence one day and I sneaked up and tickled his sides he jumped up at me growling he sure scared me no more surprises from Mum

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=4573]Ftse 100[/MENTION] Oh it's so scary, right? I pretty much figured out NOT to surprise Joey when she was younger but NEVER thought I would get that reaction because of a shower cap HAHAHAHAHAH, now I know!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
doesn't take much to get Lambeau to jump out of his fur.... I know it and take full advantage of it. Hide behind doorway or a wall, and jump out in front of him. Do not even have to say a word... he take off in the other direction and hides behind the ottoman.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
doesn't take much to get Lambeau to jump out of his fur.... I know it and take full advantage of it. Hide behind doorway or a wall, and jump out in front of him. Do not even have to say a word... he take off in the other direction and hides behind the ottoman.

HYSTERICAL....

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Awwww...poor Lambeau
:rundog:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.