Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Good Afternoon All,

Hope everyone is having a good day!!

Ellie gets her Staples out today from her lady surgery - WOOOOHOOO!! I'm sure she is ecstatic, but mommy is more excited...now she can play with her FAVORITE toys.

Tomorrow she will be getting some more Contrast x-rays and Pneumocystogram done, as we have talked with her bulldog vet, about her Urine Retention/Peeing, and she feels she at this time, we need to get a closer look, at Ellie's Plumbing...

Back story is, she can hold it all night (she sleeps in the bed with mommy and daddy), or when in a very small space in her crate (while we are at work), but when given larger spaces ( in her crate, or the house) her retention time is not very long. At this time she IS going to the door to ask to be let out MOST of the time, but she seems to want to go out LOTS, the longest she has gone is about 3 hours.

We have ruled out UTI, as her bulldog Vet tested her this past Saturday, and her urine came back perfect.

So Just need some good thoughts for Us tomorrow!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
GL...I hope you and the Vet can figure things out.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sending lots of positive thoughts!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Good luck, Ellie!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sending positive thoughts, hope it all works out. So happy she's recovered beautifully from her surgery :)

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Testing is done, all is good except the bladder, vet thinks she has Patent/Persistant Urachus, which as she explained it, it is where the umbilical Urine tube did not close off properly during birth, so Ellie's bladder does not completely empty every time she potty's, hope i explained it correctly, and she is suggesting to surgically correct it....has anyone had this experience and have the surgery done??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Testing is done, all is good except the bladder, vet thinks she has Patent/Persistant Urachus, which as she explained it, it is where the umbilical Urine tube did not close off properly during birth, so Ellie's bladder does not completely empty every time she potty's, hope i explained it correctly, and she is suggesting to surgically correct it....has anyone had this experience and have the surgery done??

I have no experience with it.... [MENTION=15364]oscarmayer[/MENTION] any insight ?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Neither Sandy or I have had experience with this. I looked it up and it seems as though the surgery to correct it is pretty straight forward. I would suggest moving forward with the corrective surgery.
I assume the Vet has injected dye and X-ray'd the urinary tract in order to come to a definitive diagnosis. Get a top notch Bully-experienced surgeon for Ellie. She deserves the very best.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Neither Sandy or I have had experience with this. I looked it up and it seems as though the surgery to correct it is pretty straight forward. I would suggest moving forward with the corrective surgery.
I assume the Vet has injected dye and X-ray'd the urinary tract in order to come to a definitive diagnosis. Get a top notch Bully-experienced surgeon for Ellie. She deserves the very best.
Yes she had the Air and the contrast Xrays done. Which showed a slighly abnormal bladder.

Yes we are planning to move forward with surgery, as soon as we can, she JUST had her girl surgery on the 9th.

Her Vet is VERY GOOD, she was very descriptive of how she will do the surgery, she is also is a breeder of EB's so she is quite knowledgable, her office is actually listed here on EBN

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Her Vet is VERY GOOD, she was very descriptive of how she will do the surgery, she is also is a breeder of EB's so she is quite knowledgable, her office is actually listed here on EBN
Woah, breeder of EBs? That's great to hear. Keep us posted on Ellie, please.

OP
MFrey2012

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Woah, breeder of EBs? That's great to hear. Keep us posted on Ellie, please.

Will Do Chip!! :) I actually did some research on it myself, and felt the same way about the procedure, that it was straight forward, and was just wondering if any other members experienced it

- We actually met another bulldog patient of Dr Charlies, while waiting for Ellie's x-ray results, that she actually did a complete tail removal on, and when that little cutie was snuggling up to me, I didn't even notice she didn't have one, and she specializes in soft tissue surgery as so I complete confidence...and Yes nothing but the best for my Ellie girl.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.