Tank or dozer ate a string.

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
So i think one of my boys decided to swallow a string out of one of their puppy toys been 2 days now and I can't find it anywhere no change in eating playing drinking habits at all no sign of discomfort and there poop is looking good still I'll give them a couple more days then x-ray it is if my wife hasn't set one up yet. [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
OK I couldn't wait called the vet and they said to keep a close eye on them and make sure nothing changes in their habbits. And was informed a x-ray wouldn't show a string so I guess I'll be a worry wart.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
How long and how thick was said "string"?

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
I usually lube up his system with coconut oil and feed him rice to help him pass things.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Something that small wouldn't concern me in the least. The chance of it becoming a problem is tiny

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
I grew up on a farm with all sorts of animals and multiple dogs always eating all kinds of crazy stuff, their digestive systems are pretty tough. Unless it's sharp (something that could possibly damage / puncture their stomach or intestines) or toxic and if they could swallow it no problem it will probably sooner rather than later pass through the exit chute. It is good to always use common sense and keep an eye on things though. Certainly if you notice any out of the ordinary behavior or troubling signs you want to take action quickly.

I'm one to err on the side of caution too, especially with EB's ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Thanks for the replies and I will definitely keep a eye on them.

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
We we're shocked when we found part of a tennis ball in brosco's Waste once no idea where he found it to eat it.... at least you noticed it as it is still a mystery to us 4 years later.. we don't play tennis or have any balls around the shop or house

OP
NIZZLE

NIZZLE

Nov 22, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and dozer
Update I decided to have a beer when I got home and walk the yard step in a big ol' pile of poo and found the missing string. 😁😀

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Update I decided to have a beer when I got home and walk the yard step in a big ol' pile of poo and found the missing string. [emoji16][emoji3]

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
I am not even going to start on all Chunky has ate or even what I have had to pull out when he is running circles around the yard. Tennis ball cover is one of the ones I had to rescue him from and the neighbor who witnessed it almost passed out from laughing so hard. Thank god we were close to the garage where I had rags

Thats one of the times I wish i had a camera facing away from the house out front

Kalyn

May 1, 2014
Western KY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Update I decided to have a beer when I got home and walk the yard step in a big ol' pile of poo and found the missing string. 😁😀
Well, problem solved! These babies of ours sure do cause us lots of anxiety.
I can't count the times I have seen rubber bands in Milo's poop. I don't know how he finds them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would hate to comment on all the things that our bullies have eaten over the years... I swear it's a female thing. Bella and Willow have been the WORST!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online