is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester is so afraid of everything that he is not familiar with. Even furniture being out of place etc. We have a snow fence up in the backyard, we opened up one end of it to go into the backyard and my husband had to take him out and carry him back in because he would not walk by it. It wasn't even moving or swaying at all..it was just out of place. :down: I have new decorations up in the house, goes out of his way to not walk near them.

Today, driving with him in the car and I had the window cracked open a bit - a loud car went by, he practically jumped from his seat into mine.

The vacuum, turning on the fan on the microwave, etc.. he is like :eek:

And it's not like he even growls at what he's afraid of.. he runs like a bandit away from anything out of place or any noise.

My boy is a scaredy cat :*(

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
sparkles is fearless...i don't know if thats good or bad but anyway on the other hand sparkles omg if he sees anything out of place or anything new or has to go to the VET wow he turns into the biggest chicken i've ever seen. its soooo funny.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Oh, sweet Chester must be a bit on the timid side. I can't remember any of my Bulldogs being afraid of anything in fact Sherman (Bulldog # 1) had a face to quill encounter with a porcupine and a couple of days later went back for seconds. Sherman is also the Bulldog who attacked a tractor tire while the tractor was moving! Sherman, mid '80s.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
As I read your responses..I just had to push his tush to get him into the living room. The broom was leaning against the coat closet door and he wouldn't walk past.. I pushed him and he ran quickly past with his tail between his legs. :crazy:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] ..... No wonder Chester and Princess Gracie make such a 'perfect couple', they could cower together :heart::heart::heart:

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly just proved it today..we took her for a walk yesterday and she was fine..today we just took her out and a fire engine went by..no sirens..just drove by...that was the extent of her walking..practically drug her around the corner...had to carry her the rest of the way home before she choked herself.. :rolleyes: The baby gate falls on top of her and she has to wiggle out from under it and she acts like it's her BFF ...all wiggly butt and happy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie seems to be OK with absolutely everything .. just so laid back.

Daddy is the same ......... UNTIL today when I decided it was warm enough to cook the steaks out on the grill without having to wear a fleece OR dig through a foot of snow. So, I had to take the cover off the grill .... BAD IDEA. We had to put up with Daddy growling/howling at the door for about half an hour at the cover which was lying on the deck. :down:

KingStarr

Mar 23, 2012
Dallas
Bulldog(s) Names
King Bodacious Face
Oh I can Sooo relate to what u r talking about. King is afraid of bags, vacuums, reaching over him while eating, his shadow.... Etcccccccc...... It doesn't ever stop! We make fun of him all the time and made it into a game. Lol. We put a carrot... Then turkey... Then a meaty bone in a bag.... And 16 hours later... He still won't go in the bag! LOL. I'm thinking of putting his dinner inside the paper bag just so he will get over his silly fears. Too funny ;)

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
Sebastian doesn't like white plastic bags. Doesn't matter if it's a smaller one that came from the grocery store or a 13 gallon size for my kitchen trash bin. He sees it, he runs!!!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby used to be fearless. But lately she is afraid of sudden loud noises but only outside. Inside the house she's fine. But outside on a walk, she will take off running if a motorcycle or garbage truck drives by.

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
hahahaha - yes, Bacon as also afraid of the most dangerous of objects... paper towel carboard tubes, plastic bags, and my favorite.... tissue paper!!!:ROFL:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online