is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

Reggies Parents

Dec 30, 2016
Bristol, UK
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Reggie
We live in the boonies. Only 12 houses on our road. Very rural. She isn't afraid of the outside unless an owl hoots or the wind blows hard in the trees. No bugs right now, wondering if that won't freak her out too :/

Yeah, I'm waiting to see how he'll do with the different noises of summer. At least it will be lighter for longer, he's much better in the day than at night.
When its dark we can barely get outside the front door with just 1 person doing the walk.
And he hates the wind too, makes too many noises - but he loves chasing the leaves! Its very confusing for him and you can literally see the conflict between wanting to chase the leaves and wanting to go home & be safe.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She has been with us for a month. I've raised bulldogs, fostered bulldogs and adopted bulldogs, but I'm just stymied as to why everything in this house freaks her out. When we were at the house we met her at (not her home) she seemed to do just fine.

Just this morning, she was so happy this morning. Eating her food like a champ, going outside like a champ, tail wagging, little butt wiggling...as soon as all that was accomplished she went looking for a place to hide (we had shut all the bedroom doors) so she is once again in her favorite bed, in her easiest spot in the living room...watching for horrid things to jump out and get her.

At a month in i'd think she have settled in... wonder if anti anxiety pills might help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcardle3

Apr 17, 2012
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
At a month in i'd think she have settled in... wonder if anti anxiety pills might help?

Our preference is to try EVERYTHING we can before resorting to that. I had a foster once with anxiety issues and was on prozac. It was awful. We got her off the pills pronto. She was a zombie.

Our vet would prefer we try everything else first too. I am going to call her previous owner tonight. Our dog walker is now wondering if she has vision issues. She has dry eye, but I'm going to take her in to an eye vet to have that all evaluated. May be something to that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our preference is to try EVERYTHING we can before resorting to that. I had a foster once with anxiety issues and was on prozac. It was awful. We got her off the pills pronto. She was a zombie.

Our vet would prefer we try everything else first too. I am going to call her previous owner tonight. Our dog walker is now wondering if she has vision issues. She has dry eye, but I'm going to take her in to an eye vet to have that all evaluated. May be something to that.

Vision issue could totally explain it..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.