is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YES... everything. She is a tough girl till you pull out a broom, a mop or plastic trash bag; then she can't get to her crate fast enough

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Gizmo is afraid of STAINLESS STEEL *ANYTHING* if we want to keep her out of the front room, we put a stainless steel mixing bowl on the floor in the doorway...she wont get near it - we put a new trashcan in the kitchen, stainless steel, I WISH I would have a video of THAT first encounter! she wouldnt get near it! not even for her treats. I put one down on the floor near the trashcan, and she laid on her belly, stuck her tongue out as far is it would go, trying to get the treat, but she kept pushing it closer to the trashcan. OMG it was so funny, when she finally did get near it, I bumped it, BANG ! she started scooting so fast, her feet wouldnt get traction on the kitchen floor, it looked like Wild E Coyote - trying to get away from a falling boulder.... SPPPPIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Dang I wish I had that on video, I'd still be peeing my pants laughing!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah is not afraid of everything but there are things that freak her out. like the shadow on the wall where the bed is. i get so tickled at her barking at herself. lol then there is plastic wrap and garbage bags. but most things dont bother her.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Gizmo is afraid of STAINLESS STEEL *ANYTHING* if we want to keep her out of the front room, we put a stainless steel mixing bowl on the floor in the doorway...she wont get near it - we put a new trashcan in the kitchen, stainless steel, I WISH I would have a video of THAT first encounter! she wouldnt get near it! not even for her treats. I put one down on the floor near the trashcan, and she laid on her belly, stuck her tongue out as far is it would go, trying to get the treat, but she kept pushing it closer to the trashcan. OMG it was so funny, when she finally did get near it, I bumped it, BANG ! she started scooting so fast, her feet wouldnt get traction on the kitchen floor, it looked like Wild E Coyote - trying to get away from a falling boulder.... SPPPPIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

OHMYGOD. I wish you did have that on video. Too funny.

Last night was our first yearly encounter with fireworks. I couldn't figure out what the fuss was and then I heard the bottle rocket. I said out loud, "Crap. ALREADY?"

My solution last night was to simply puppy gate them into my bedroom and leave the TV on all night. That worked.

xskyzx

Mar 7, 2012
houston,TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Major
Just found out that majir is scare of firework noise, he took off with a quickness, sometime sit next to me and stare at the door...

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Mega storm on East Coast last night, hit us about 1-2am I'm not sure what woke me 1st, the thunder and lightning or the bully jumping into bed to do the 'bully lean' on me !

BrandiWasTaken

Dec 2, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank (2006-2015) and Gus (born 2015)
My boy, Gus, is the same. Afraid of EVERYTHING. If you walk in carrying a bag, he runs. Broom or Swiffer? Terrified. Luggage? Runs. Won't even walk near a broom. My first boy, Tank, wasn't afraid of anything except metal on the ground. Like sewer covers and whatever, he'd walk around. Gus is just so different from Tank. They're such funny dogs.

Mutsch Harvesting

Jan 1, 2016
SOUTH Dakota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brosco
Brosco will act all tough and barks but then he runs behind me and peaks out between my legs. He will bark at thing s out of place, like a bag on the floor, if you leave vacuum out in a hallway, then I have to pick up or put things away. Walks around likes he is all that protecting the place, but is nothing but chicken

Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Lucy is afraid of the sound of my metal mixing bowls clanging together. This comes in quite handy as I now use them to detour her from behaviors I don't like. As in chasing and biting the vacuum and broom. All I have to do now is show her the mixing bowl and she runs away to hide. When I want her out of the kitchen if I'm cooking, I just open the cupboard where I keep them and she leaves. This is funny to me because her food bowls are metal, but she sure isn't afraid of those!!

Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy

Yes! This my Lucy! Except for her food bowls, she's sure not afraid of those!

Lycilizzy

Oct 17, 2016
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
She is afraid of sparkly paper too. At least it kept her out of the room while I was wrapping presents!

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Plastic / Trash bags definitely must be a DNA thing with EBD's, Dozer has gone from kinda scared to really curios about them. He is freaked out :eek: by the wind and what it blows around, has been since a young pup and not gotten much better no matter how much explaining or reassurance I give him. He is not scared; but fascinated by his shadow and shadows in general, also any kind of light.

We call them "Light Bugs" when he chases them and doesn't understand why he can't catch it :detective2::confused: . It is like a daily thing, he's always finding new ones.

I guess he is pretty brave overall, if he doesn't know a noise he barks LOUD and RUNS to the front door. That was really cute 25 lbs. or so ago, now when I'm half asleep and he is too with his head resting on my shoulder or leg and he springs off the couch and into action it can be dangerous :ohmy:.

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
Only trash bags. Plastic bags from the store do not bother him but he runs like hell when he here a trash bag. I have even dropped one and he drug it off to play with or hide I am not sure which but is still afraid of them

MeShell

Jan 27, 2016
Minnesota
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mavis
Trash bags, the dishwasher (although she wasn't afraid of the one in our last home...), loud motors/cars, and all the other ones mentioned.

She is also scared of falling rain & snow. If it's ever raining or snowing we have to go outside with her otherwise she'll "go" on our welcome mat so she doesn't go past the roof overhang. Maybe she just doesn't like getting wet?? :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.