Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Yep that is my Bentley except for the double-decker buses and carrying as I walk as far as I am willing to carry. Like you Bentley and Reggie are the same in many ways. Both are a work in progress. --rj
    Sounds like they are very similar! Carrying him is going to be a nightmare, he'll be too heavy soon!

2. Likes rjisaterp liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggies Parents View Post
    Sounds like they are very similar! Carrying him is going to be a nightmare, he'll be too heavy soon!

That is when it comes to Bulldogs...Only walk them as far as you want to carry them.

Bentley loaves loud noises and Jewel too to some degree.

4. Likes Reggies Parents, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Custer, Maisie, Mosby and a cat who thinks he is a bulldog
    Likes (Received)

I'm wondering how this ended up, if it ever got better. Our Maisie is the same way and it is breaking my heart and frustrating the crap out of me.

6. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mcardle3 View Post
    I'm wondering how this ended up, if it ever got better. Our Maisie is the same way and it is breaking my heart and frustrating the crap out of me.
    How old is Maisie? Reggie is only 20 weeks today so I'll keep you informed if we get any progress. Our trainer did advise us to let him have whatever it is he is afraid of - at least where thats possible. He is not so bothered about the vacuum cleaner any more, or the mop when I leave it in the kitchen.
    The trainer said that if the dog can overcome the fear of something by himself then it sticks, when humans intervene too much we mess it up because we don't understand how they think.
    He also advised that we search Youtube for noise desensitisation videos and play them quietly in the background during playtime, so thats the next step.

Traffic still a big issue, along with any 'surprise' noises, but hopefully the videos will help.
    You are right @mcardle3 it is heartbreaking to see him so scared
    Traffic still an issue, and I

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She is 5. She was raised in a home, but our vet thinks she wasn' socialized outside of the home. Here is what is funny though. When we take her out to the pet store or to walk through Lowe's she is fine. Leash is on her and she is not frightened.

Bring her in the house and if something has moved from where it is she is busting through and around us to find a hiding spot. I have never seen this in my long years of dog ownership. I'm going to try the youtube thing. Thank you.

9. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

She is 5. She was raised in a home, but our vet thinks she wasn' socialized outside of the home. Here is what is funny though. When we take her out to the pet store or to walk through Lowe's she is fine. Leash is on her and she is not frightened.

Bring her in the house and if something has moved from where it is she is busting through and around us to find a hiding spot. I have never seen this in my long years of dog ownership. I'm going to try the youtube thing. Thank you.
    Bulldog OCD... how long has she been with you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

11. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

She has been with us for a month. I've raised bulldogs, fostered bulldogs and adopted bulldogs, but I'm just stymied as to why everything in this house freaks her out. When we were at the house we met her at (not her home) she seemed to do just fine.

Just this morning, she was so happy this morning. Eating her food like a champ, going outside like a champ, tail wagging, little butt wiggling...as soon as all that was accomplished she went looking for a place to hide (we had shut all the bedroom doors) so she is once again in her favorite bed, in her easiest spot in the living room...watching for horrid things to jump out and get her.
    "Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.
    -Dean Koontz

13. Likes Reggies Parents, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

She has been with us for a month. I've raised bulldogs, fostered bulldogs and adopted bulldogs, but I'm just stymied as to why everything in this house freaks her out. When we were at the house we met her at (not her home) she seemed to do just fine.

Just this morning, she was so happy this morning. Eating her food like a champ, going outside like a champ, tail wagging, little butt wiggling...as soon as all that was accomplished she went looking for a place to hide (we had shut all the bedroom doors) so she is once again in her favorite bed, in her easiest spot in the living room...watching for horrid things to jump out and get her.
    Its cool that you can take her outside though. We have a hell of a time with Reggie. He is soooo scared of traffic he won't walk unless we both take him, and even then its a struggle

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Reggies Parents View Post
    Its cool that you can take her outside though. We have a hell of a time with Reggie. He is soooo scared of traffic he won't walk unless we both take him, and even then its a struggle
    We live in the boonies. Only 12 houses on our road. Very rural. She isn't afraid of the outside unless an owl hoots or the wind blows hard in the trees. No bugs right now, wondering if that won't freak her out too :/
    -Dean Koontz

16. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

We live in the boonies. Only 12 houses on our road. Very rural. She isn't afraid of the outside unless an owl hoots or the wind blows hard in the trees. No bugs right now, wondering if that won't freak her out too :/
    Yeah, I'm waiting to see how he'll do with the different noises of summer. At least it will be lighter for longer, he's much better in the day than at night.
    When its dark we can barely get outside the front door with just 1 person doing the walk.
    And he hates the wind too, makes too many noises - but he loves chasing the leaves! Its very confusing for him and you can literally see the conflict between wanting to chase the leaves and wanting to go home & be safe.

18. Likes mcardle3 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

At a month in i'd think she have settled in... wonder if anti anxiety pills might help?

----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    At a month in i'd think she have settled in... wonder if anti anxiety pills might help?

Our preference is to try EVERYTHING we can before resorting to that. I had a foster once with anxiety issues and was on prozac. It was awful. We got her off the pills pronto. She was a zombie.

Our vet would prefer we try everything else first too. I am going to call her previous owner tonight. Our dog walker is now wondering if she has vision issues. She has dry eye, but I'm going to take her in to an eye vet to have that all evaluated. May be something to that.
    -Dean Koontz

21. Likes Reggies Parents, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads