Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: is your bully afraid of EVERYTHING?

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    Gizmo is afraid of STAINLESS STEEL *ANYTHING* if we want to keep her out of the front room, we put a stainless steel mixing bowl on the floor in the doorway...she wont get near it - we put a new trashcan in the kitchen, stainless steel, I WISH I would have a video of THAT first encounter! she wouldnt get near it! not even for her treats. I put one down on the floor near the trashcan, and she laid on her belly, stuck her tongue out as far is it would go, trying to get the treat, but she kept pushing it closer to the trashcan. OMG it was so funny, when she finally did get near it, I bumped it, BANG ! she started scooting so fast, her feet wouldnt get traction on the kitchen floor, it looked like Wild E Coyote - trying to get away from a falling boulder.... SPPPPIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Dang I wish I had that on video, I'd still be peeing my pants laughing!

Yes! This my Lucy! Except for her food bowls, she's sure not afraid of those!

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

She is afraid of sparkly paper too. At least it kept her out of the room while I was wrapping presents!

3. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Old School Dropout's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dozer
    Likes (Received)

Plastic / Trash bags definitely must be a DNA thing with EBD's, Dozer has gone from kinda scared to really curios about them. He is freaked out by the wind and what it blows around, has been since a young pup and not gotten much better no matter how much explaining or reassurance I give him. He is not scared; but fascinated by his shadow and shadows in general, also any kind of light.

We call them "Light Bugs" when he chases them and doesn't understand why he can't catch it . It is like a daily thing, he's always finding new ones.

I guess he is pretty brave overall, if he doesn't know a noise he barks LOUD and RUNS to the front door. That was really cute 25 lbs. or so ago, now when I'm half asleep and he is too with his head resting on my shoulder or leg and he springs off the couch and into action it can be dangerous .

Country
    morrocco
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Akamaru
    Likes (Received)

At first yes he was afraid of almost everything but now he is not !

Chunky's Chauffeur Become a 4 Paw Member Chunky White's Avatar
    Real Name
    Wes
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chunky White
    Likes (Received)

Only trash bags. Plastic bags from the store do not bother him but he runs like hell when he here a trash bag. I have even dropped one and he drug it off to play with or hide I am not sure which but is still afraid of them

Owner: Wes
    Bulldog: Chunky White

Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mavis
    Likes (Received)

Trash bags, the dishwasher (although she wasn't afraid of the one in our last home...), loud motors/cars, and all the other ones mentioned.

She is also scared of falling rain & snow. If it's ever raining or snowing we have to go outside with her otherwise she'll "go" on our welcome mat so she doesn't go past the roof overhang. Maybe she just doesn't like getting wet??

Pooper scooper
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I was playing fetch with Bella this evening and the Kong went into the dining room and knocked over a couple of folding chairs I have yet to put away. Granted, the noise was loud but it took a while for her to even go back into the room. Harley, our Yorkie, chased the Kong in there and Bella did not like giving it up. She got her courage back real quick when she saw Harley chase after it when it landed by the chairs again. Didn't want to give up her favorite toy

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hi Lisa. I want to say that Chester is like my Bentley. Bentley is very OCD and if anything is out of place, Bentley will bark at it until the item is gone or he accepts it. For items that he is afraid of, we go up and touch while Bentley is looking and then he will sniff and then it might be ok. So essentially, my Bentley is like your Chester.

10. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
    Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, & MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Hi Lisa. I want to say that Chester is like...
    ...Uh...Lisa hasn't posted here since Sept 2011...

FWIW, my Dozer was exactly like your Bentley is.

Who says Bulldogs can't fly?

12. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matty
    Likes (Received)

Our previous bully, Harley, who we got at 7 months was scaredie dog, I guess part of her nature. Matty not so much, introduced her to the steers across the creek yesterday and she stared for a while, then ran about 15' away and when I told her "it was ok", she came back, but was a little leery, but they are BIG. lol Took her over to socialize w/ my brothers rather large Boston Terrier, Matty showed no fear at all and played well.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Real Name
    Em
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Reggie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by rjisaterp View Post
    Hi Lisa. I want to say that Chester is like my Bentley. Bentley is very OCD and if anything is out of place, Bentley will bark at it until the item is gone or he accepts it. For items that he is afraid of, we go up and touch while Bentley is looking and then he will sniff and then it might be ok. So essentially, my Bentley is like your Chester.
    Reggie is exactly the same! He barks his little *** off at anything new. I left the mop in the kitchen one night, big mistake!
    He hates loud noises, bin bags, carrier bags, anything out of place, the vacuum cleaner.
    Although we are taking the advice of a trainer and, wherever possible, let him have the thing he's barking at. So with the mop I laid it on the kitchen floor and ignored him. He barked at it for a few minutes and then went back and forth sniffing, then he walked away. He's OK with it now if he sees it regularly. Too long and we go through it all again.

But he is a nervous puppy. Walks are a nightmare because he hates traffic noise, double decker buses send him running straight back home so Kev has to pick him up & carry him

15. Likes rjisaterp, 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Roger
    Country
    USA
    Somewhere in the Universe. Wish you were here!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jewel and Bentley
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Yep that is my Bentley except for the double-decker buses and carrying as I walk as far as I am willing to carry. Like you Bentley and Reggie are the same in many ways. Both are a work in progress. --rj

17. Likes Reggies Parents liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads