Best Big Spoon Ever

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Well we broke down awhile ago and let the dog sleep in the bed. Usually he will cuddle up to my husband but right now his head and neck are curved around my butt while he snores away. I love it.

He is a very physical dog and always needs to be touching or sitting against us and when he can't he lies in wait in the same room. I have such a hard time getting out of bed because he will come back to bed to cuddle after he has been fed in the morning.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie
Well we broke down awhile ago and let the dog sleep in the bed. Usually he will cuddle up to my husband but right now his head and neck are curved around my butt while he snores away. I love it.

He is a very physical dog and always needs to be touching or sitting against us and when he can't he lies in wait in the same room. I have such a hard time getting out of bed because he will come back to bed to cuddle after he has been fed in the morning.

Love this post sooooo much. Talk about a win/win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It is awesome, isn't it? All our pups have been this way, well not Banks, but all the boys-- I love their cuddles

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
We just got a new puppy also. She curls up on top of my head, on my neck, on my face! She also has to be touching you. Lol...
Almost named her Polly (as in parrot) because she likes to climb up and sit on my shoulder when I am sitting up in bed. But she won't be able to do that much longer! IMG_3058.JPGIMG_3011.JPGIMG_3024.JPG

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

OMG!! He must be taking lessons from Ellie!! - Its wonderful isnt it?!?! I LOVE when she cuddles, makes it SOOO hard to go to work

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Here is me and and Ellie this AM
a3bafbf8fec7acc4761a69c32cbd90d7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
My bulldog Crabcake is now 13 weeks old. Since getting used to his surroundings, he has become really independent. He is always chasing his toys, trying to check out new things, learning how to go up the steps, chasing things that I would prefer he not, and his biting is still a problem. He really is not much of a snuggler and while he is really happy to see me when I let him out of his crate, he is also extremely independent and in no way ever likes being picked up or held for even a few seconds. Were your dogs always big snugglers and affectionate, or was it something that was more of a development?

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
My bulldog Crabcake is now 13 weeks old. Since getting used to his surroundings, he has become really independent. He is always chasing his toys, trying to check out new things, learning how to go up the steps, chasing things that I would prefer he not, and his biting is still a problem. He really is not much of a snuggler and while he is really happy to see me when I let him out of his crate, he is also extremely independent and in no way ever likes being picked up or held for even a few seconds. Were your dogs always big snugglers and affectionate, or was it something that was more of a development?

My Bella is 14 weeks old. She doesn't like to be held much until she is ready for a nap or bed. Then she has to be on my lap (which is just not going to work much longer since she is growing so fast) IMG_4519.JPGor at least touching me. When she is awake she is looking for something to get into, so doesn't sit still very long. Lol
Pics are of her waiting to get on my lap and barely fitting on my lap. She does keep me nice and warm though!! IMG_4516.JPG

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

Daphne's is very lovey in the mornings. It's my favorite time of the day.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie

At that age, Ellie would ONLY snuggle at nap time, but I guess I grew on her, she started to come around and snuggle, and at bed time, as hubby and I do let her sleep with us now, she HAS to be TOUCHING one of us, but still has her times where she is Ms Independent!!

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
As a puppy Fezzik would sleep on us but not with us at night. He was a bed wetter and a hair puller. Once he reached around 1 we stuck his crate in the bedroom. Over a period of months we moved to him allowed out on his bed on the floor. Eventually he started sleeping with us once we let him.

I have also noticed that he sleeps more as he gets older and snuggles more because he is sleeping more.

crabcake

Jan 26, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crabcake
Hmm, guess I should not be overly hopeful that he will turn into a snuggler then. He likes sleeping on the way other side of the couch as it is now.

OP
KimDe

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Hmm, guess I should not be overly hopeful that he will turn into a snuggler then. He likes sleeping on the way other side of the couch as it is now.

Does he follow you around? Sit on you? Have to have a body part against you?

As a puppy he wasn't super cuddly. He wanted to play all the time. He also wouldn't cuddle me where he would my husband. Bulldogs are usually attention hogs so don't loose hope.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.