Bulldog Underbite ...

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Just wondering when you noticed your bulldogs underbite start to develop??

Maggie had a very pronounced underbite - the vet even commented on it - and so she seemed to have that "toothy" look from a very early age.

Daddy is now 7 1/2 months, and we've just noticed that he looks as if he has his bottom lip permanently stuck out a little. Yesterday, there was even a slight glimpse of his bottom front teeth.

So ... how long does it normally take for their jaw to develop fully into that english bulldog look??

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
its crazy b/c ever since spike was a baby he always had that under bite and we r worried about sparkles b/c she still hasn't developed the under bite look and she is 6 months today.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
its crazy b/c ever since spike was a baby he always had that under bite and we r worried about sparkles b/c she still hasn't developed the under bite look and she is 6 months today.

It is exactly the same for us .... not too much sign of one for Daddy and yet Maggie was born with one!! :crazy:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Mack and Chester are the only 2 out of 6 Bullys that do not have an underbite; the others' underbites were apparent at 4-6 months, but got more noticeable as they got older!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion was about 6 or 7 months old before her tooth started popping out.

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
You can just start to see Belly's bottom teefers ..it's so cute! And she's at 4 months old. I can't remeber when Cass got her's.. it was like one day it was just there.

OP
kazzy220

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson has a distinct underbite but his teeth never actually stick out.

I think Daddy may be the same .... beginning to think Samson and Daddy could be related!! :heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
We adopted Vegas when he was about 4 1/2 months old, already had the cute under-bite with his bottom teeth sticking out, I don't know what is cuter the teeth or the tongue!! :heart: :bully:

Luci Jo's mama

Jan 1, 2013
fleetwood pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Luci Jo
OMG luci's is so bad already at 4 months and has been since 11 weeks..has the tippy tongue also..her teeth always show and it's going to be pretty severe!! I love it!! She can't close her mouth hah

Tracy T

Community Veteran
Dec 8, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Winston, the Earl of Biscuit
Winston is lucky enough that he doesn't have too much of a pronounced underbite. I think he was about 7-8 months when he started showing us his widdle toofies, but most often he's only got one poking out. It's adorably cute. His top lip tucks in behind them.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online